New astra vxr

Seriously considering getting one of these tax free and a massive discount puts a standard one @ £16995 with a buy back offer of £17000 after a year limited to 13000 miles couldn't believe it when I read it

Seriously considering getting one of these tax free and a massive discount puts a standard one @ £16995 with a buy back offer of £17000 after a year limited to 13000 miles couldn't believe it when I read it

Where did you read that? Its almost like a free car?

If you have the cash it's only cost you interest on that money but if your finance it's gonna cost you £300 a month at least I'd say for 12 months till it goes back.

Just looked up the price for these 27k !!!!! Blimey

Last edited:
It's 285 a month I haven't got 17k lying around so I'd be getting it on finance,with a 4k deposit it's 285 a month which takes you to about 21k after everything, the idea with the buy back is you do it every year you change the car for a new 1 and by the end of your finance you have a brand new car instead of a five year old one at no extra cost, http://www.griffintaxfree.com/vauxhall-astra-vxr/

Buy backs are quite common in the supercar world especially with Ferarri and their new models, if you get your name for a new model when it gets released by the time you pick it up the waiting list can be upto a year long for a customer specced model. I know a guy thats had a 360 and a 430 when first released and each time Ferrari has offered him the same price he paid for it if he returns it within 6 months and under 3,000 miles.... Cheap motoring if you have a spare 150k doing nothing.

Seems a good deal, not sure they will buy it back every year though ?? Does it not just mean after one year they will buy it back ? Can't really see them giving you a new car year after year otherwise I'm joining up :thumbsup:

You should owe £13500 after 1 year so its cost you £500 quid and 12 payments to return it ...... not bad for the price of the car mate.

Last edited:
And would you only do that amount of miles???? I'm sure if I paid that amount of money I would want to drive it

this does look like a very very sexy car, it will have all the go but will it be as sorted as a megane? i think that is the question

this does look like a very very sexy car, it will have all the go but will it be as sorted as a megane? i think that is the question

vauxhall have been benchmarking it against the megane for its chassis

it has an lsd / hiper-strut front suspension / set up for 19in wheels

more power/torque than megane and focus rs.....

sounds and looks a winner as they know the failings of the old car :foxspeed:

vauxhall have been benchmarking it against the megane for its chassis

it has an lsd / hiper-strut front suspension / set up for 19in wheels

more power/torque than megane and focus rs.....

sounds and looks a winner as they know the failings of the old car :foxspeed:
im not saying its bad, i mean the over astra vxr was a good car, all the grunt but not on the same level handling wise as the megane, it werent far off jut not on the same level, will this on be the same?

they will keep doing it for as long as their is a demand for them second hand, and its a written agreement so you will know if they are going to give you a buyback again before you trade it again, many squaddys have done this with the focus st/astra vxr(old)/s-max and more recently they are doing it with the range rover evouge(or how ever you spell it) unbelievable how common all the above cars are because its such a good offer and its a good way to make some monies

and the proper "model will sit lower than this according to the guy in the know and hes also saying remus exaust as standard :clap:

anything is an improvement on the clios interior, went and had a look at the gtc today and its really nice inside well finished and very nice seatiing position hoope the vxr is similar

im not saying its bad, i mean the over astra vxr was a good car, all the grunt but not on the same level handling wise as the megane, it werent far off jut not on the same level, will this on be the same?

well they want it to be a class leader and to do that they need to be as good if not better than the megane....it will be set up as a good car but when you press the "vxr button" it will become more "extremer/aggressive" like the megane - well thats the way i read the article anyway

forgot to mention it has the latest generation adaptive dampers as well.....its loaded with plenty of chassis technology

Similar Thread Suggestions