New Clio Donuts...

Anyone know how the new clio does this?

He does it with such ease, leaves funny rubber marks on the road. The rear wheels are turning, and only one front wheel makes smoke.

I think its witchcraft!!

[video=youtube_share;BFWfy0C2p4Q]http://youtu.be/BFWfy0C2p4Q[/video]

I have never seen that before on a FWD car.

Must keep building up a tiny bit of speed then using the handbrake. It might have some dreadful tyres on the rear that offer no grip?

Tbh if you don't know then most of us won't have a clue :tongueout:

I need to find the guy that drives it!! It's obvious how Jean Ragnotti does it in his 5 turbo!!

Also whilst we're on this subject, saw this chopper at Red Bull Ring, how does it do this?!!!
[video=youtube_share;uYbx5H5e9Es]http://youtu.be/uYbx5H5e9Es[/video]

May be wrong but used to fly model helis, you can fly inverted like that with a variable pitch. They have these on full size helis to lift off so can go the opposite way to do that.

The new Clio has an electronic diff so I presume with a bit of electrickery they could lock the inside front wheel and put full power into the the other.

May be wrong but used to fly model helis, you can fly inverted like that with a variable pitch. They have these on full size helis to lift off so can go the opposite way to do that.

I work on chinooks and my understanding of a helicopter flying upside down they need to have a rigid head and more rigid blades that have the ability to change to a reverse pitch whilst maintaining 100% NR. Engine fuel systems and transmission oils systems would need to be modified.

Other than that I have no idea how he does that in a fwd car!

Bang on. Didn't know it was possible to reverse the pitch of the blades on a helicopter though! We do it on planes to slow us down on landing, but why would a heli need to do it?

Bang on. Didn't know it was possible to reverse the pitch of the blades on a helicopter though! We do it on planes to slow us down on landing, but why would a heli need to do it?

Acrobatics.

But if you were insane it'd mean the thing could drop faster than gravity would cause it to, good for dodging RPGs?

Yeah a chinook can do it! If both engines fail, the collective can be dropped below the detent allowing air to flow up through the blades making them turn. Then at the last second the pilot pulls up and hopefully the helicopter should land nice and safely! In theory! It's called auto rotation but I think to go upside down you just need to reduce the pitch not reverse it!

good example here

Last edited:
Glad to see there's another aviation nut on here!

Hah! I would far rather work on cars!

It can't do inverted flight due to not having a rigid head :tongue_smilie:but here is a quick video from last weeks RIAT. Think they won best single aircraft display.

[video=youtube_share;OLSU_vUO9lk]http://youtu.be/OLSU_vUO9lk[/video]

They were using auto rotation back in nam so it nawt new. It was used many times due to the altitude and over loading of the choppers.

Get a copy of chicken hawk it's one of the greatest books of all time :wink:

They were using auto rotation back in nam so it nawt new. It was used many times due to the altitude and over loading of the choppers.

Get a copy of chicken hawk it's one of the greatest books of all time :wink:

I will grab a copy of that! Always like a good read.

Me Me, I am too! At Marshall Aerospace down the road from you :smile:

Applied for a few jobs there lately, well not strictly marshalls, but at the airport nonetheless. NEED to get back in the air, so I figure I best hang around airports!