New Cornish Memeber

Hi all

James or Jimbo here from down in suprisingly sunny Cornwall.

July before last I ended up selling my 182 to get a diesel astra for commuting etc.

My favourite photo of it.
254198_10150637558890582_637205581_18845532_2832284_n.jpg

I now have this which I put on ebay and then the gear box went :whatever:typical.

2012-04-22154311.jpg

So now it's in the garage being fixed yet 5 people want to view it so I may aswell get rid now as diesel kills your soul.

This weekend I hope to sell it and go and pick up a white 197 cup. It's a little underpriced so I phoned the garage and they informed me that the cambelt, aux and waterpump had not been done. It has 43k on the clock and the recaros that I have always wanted so I weighed it up and felt that I could justify buying it and doing the belts etc imediatly.

HPI came back clear so provided that my car comes back from the garage tomorrow or Friday I hope to be at Britcar over the weekend in my new white 197. Fingers crossed.

Life story over....hello all.

Welcome "Jimbo".

I've a GW 197 with Recaro's. You will need an engagement ring soon as you'll fall in love :smiley:

Last edited:
Phoned to put deposit down on 197 and arrange collection for tomorrow. Car sold. :worried: Nooo

If anybody has a 197 with Recaros that they'd let go for 6-6.5k please get in touch. Preferably white.

I noticed.

Been looking at a white one without recaros.Managed to haggle it down to 6.5k so tempted to go for that fsh and 38k.

If the standard seats are anything like the 182 ff seats then I'm happy enough.

:welcome:mate just had a great week in your part the country and only seen 1 197 so you will be the owner of the Second lol

Ye there aren't that many197s around here. in fact can't remember the last time I saw one.

Cheers for all the welcomes guys.

My astra is back monday and hope the buyer comes to collect asap then 197 hunting time.

Welcome, not sure if I meet you before. Went to a few cliosport SW meets so I might have.

Yeah not many down this way, used to always see a nice LY F1 at Truro College at nights and a blue 197 down Redruth way but I think the owner sold it.

Hi Matt

Don't think we had met, I'm sure we will in the future.

My Astra went tonight and found a gem of a 197 on ebay. 41k 09 plate recaros and spoiler, pick it up Thursday :d