New tax rules

Yep 'tis true I'm afraid. But as said only applies to new vehicles registered on or after 1st April 2017.

Saw this coming a mile off when the government in its infinite wisdom decided to muck about with the tax last time n incentivised people to buy more emission friendly cars. Lower road tax, less being spent on fuel, less money for the coffers so it's stung em, and what stings them will eventually sting us the motorist.

Kinda scary funny if you look at what the 197/200s would cost under the new scheme lol

Er yea....like a Clio RS would be £1200 a year road tax funny....

That's nearly as much as my first mortgage !

If I've understood correctly the higher payments are only applicable for the first 5 years, so after that the tax falls to a flat rate of £140 per year.

So if our car was manufactured in 2017, it would be £1200 for the first 5 years and then in 2022 the tax would fall to a flat rate of £140 per year.

It works out cheaper if you don't buy the car within the first 5 years :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
If I've understood correctly the higher payments are only application for the first 5 years, so after that the tax falls to a flat rate of £140 per year.

So if our car was manufactured in 2017, it would be £1200 for the first 5 years and then in 2022 the tax would fall to a flat rate of £140 per year.

It works out cheaper if you don't buy the car within the first 5 years :tearsofjoy:
So what with new tax rules and new speeding rules we are all skint

Utter effing bawbags.

So they try and force us into buying greener cars and then once enough people do for them to notice they're not fleecing enough of our money they just screw us all over.

They waste our tax money in a disgraceful fashion to begin with, why should we be forced to give them more? Oh yeah, I remember, because our government couldn't give the slightest crap about their people.

Surely most people are just going to buy an older cars that give out more emissions now?

We're becoming a dictatorship ruled by utter dicks

I wish the government spent more time persecuting the benefit system instead of people who work hard to run they're own cars. Next week on my estate eight chav probably single parents are moving in as they're new flats are ready. One apparently has three kids by three fathers. Hate her already. Shit country, shit way of running it

I wish the government spent more time persecuting the benefit system instead of people who work hard to run they're own cars. Next week on my estate eight chav probably single parents are moving in as they're new flats are ready. One apparently has three kids by three fathers. Hate her already. Shit country, shit way of running it
Don't sit on the fence Steve, say it as it is mate:grinning:

Reactions: Jimmy
While your working 60 hour weeks, no time to have children, someone else is popping them out with your tax money.

I agree with everything you've said. Hit the nail on the head. Does this mean our 2nd hand cars are going to increase in value?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
While your working 60 hour weeks, no time to have children, someone else is popping them out with your tax money.

I agree with everything you've said. Hit the nail on the head. Does this mean our 2nd hand cars are going to increase in value?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
To be fair I've got four kids but but that's why I work long weeks, to pay for them.I just resent the jobless, spongers who flop them out whilSt decent people are crapped on

To be fair I've got four kids but but that's why I work long weeks, to pay for them.I just resent the jobless, spongers who flop them out whilSt decent people are crapped on

Aaaand then the above said people can afford holidays abroad more than once a year no less....I've never been abroad (on holiday) in my life. Yet.

Aaaand then the above said people can afford holidays abroad more than once a year no less....I've never been abroad (on holiday) in my life. Yet.
Really? Never ? Get yourself on the dole mate. Pretend you got back ache and next week you will be in the Bahamas :excited:

Similar Thread Suggestions