New tax rules

Really? Never ? Get yourself on the dole mate. Pretend you got back ache and next week you will be in the Bahamas :excited:

Yep never, approaching 30 (far too fast) and never been abroad except for the army.

Sounds like a plan tho, drop a few more sprogs out the missus, go on the dole, do my back in, and woohoo.

Although am going around the med on a cruise ship this July so soon to be rectified. :excited::thumb:

Yep never, approaching 30 (far too fast) and never been abroad except for the army.

Sounds like a plan tho, drop a few more sprogs out the missus, go on the dole, do my back in, and woohoo.

Although am going around the med on a cruise ship this July so soon to be rectified. :excited::thumb:
Would love a cruise. One day when kids gone .lol

thread so full of win!

could it be that this country is ruled & controlled by "career politicians" who and being kind here havent worked or been at the sharp end of modern life in multi cultural england!

theres plenty of wealth in this country to go around its just that its all at the top with the ultra rich gits in charge that have so much money they will never spend it or put it to good use...

new cars - if its under £30000 should be tax free and then in bands going up to the £1+ million pound super car tax rates
the rich need to pay more/tax more

Reactions: Jimmy
I've said this for a good few years.

They should scrap road tax (or what ever its now called) and put more duty on fuel.

They moan that there are xx million untaxed vehicles on the road, this would stop that problem, then the little old lady who does 120 miles a year would not feel done, the fleet owners who do a million miles a year pay more but they use the roads more etc etc.

Car makers who make efficient vehicles would sell more.

The more you use the roads the more you pay.

So does this only apply to new? What happens if you buy a year old car after April first?

You carry on paying the current tax system in place for that car, the new tax system only applies to brand new cars registered on or after 1 April 2017.

So if you want a new car but not get stung with the new tax, buy it before 31 march 2017

Same car a day later will be in the new tax band. Hope that clears that bit up?

Similar Thread Suggestions