Nissan 350z

would have thought a ram air feed would work better,saying that though,kevo used to run his maxogen from a feed to the arch liner so who knows

really happy with my CAF,personally think it makes a noticeable difference especailly top end and judging by the amount of crap me and smoggy pulled out of the maxogen the other day it works a treat...a fog light feed would work even better,the fog light measures 90mm wide x 85mm so you'd get a good chunk of air coming through there
fog light is the way forward bud,there was half a tree in your maxogen like ha!
any MOT issues with fog light feed? (as the fog would no longer be there)

just pop it back on for the MOT if you have a grumpy tester chris:smile:

yeah i know its ok if they were never there but wasnt sure if it came out of the factory with them if they should remain in place??

EDIT - Above posts have cleared that up lol

I know this isn't strictly to do with OP.......

But i've always wondered if a 206 style vent on bonnet would work if positioned top right above the airbox (or near) then run a small CAF to the air box........

I know this isn't strictly to do with OP.......

But i've always wondered if a 206 style vent on bonnet would work if positioned top right above the airbox (or near) then run a small CAF to the air box........

think you'd need more of a scope to drag the air in or it wiil prob just pass over the top mate

I nearly went for a 350Z because they just such cracking used buys. £7000 gets a decent rwd reliable bit of kit that is pretty bulletproof.

With a rev-up mod they are ok but i wanted something for track days and the 350Z is just too fat at 1500 kg and you cant get much weight out them. It would cane tyres, brakes etc

So the 197 Cup just won the day for me, even though it would be a bit slower round a track.

I wonder if you could put the intake where the diamond is? I'm pretty sure there's nothing behind that. It would look pretty subtle as well if it was black and in the same shape as the diamond.

According to www.fastestlaps.com the Clio R27 lapped Bedford West in 1:31.70 and the 350Z was 1:32.05.

According to fastest laps:

Bedford West latest circuit, Clio 200 Cup 1:31:57, the 350Z was 1:30:00.

Top gear track, Clio 200 Cup 1:33:80, the 350Z was 1:31:80.

The Ring? The 350Z wins it easily.

I was so tempted with a 350Z but the weight of it. Too much.

The 350Z is much faster around the Ring and faster around Bedford.

Have you got any times to prove otherwise?

Not at time of posting. Was just my gut feeling. Even if the 200 was technically faster round a track, I know for a fact the clio is more fun on road nod track as driven both. Only advantage 350z is the possibility of power sliding (I say power sliding and not oversteer as the 200 can get some mighty angles lol)

The 350z is much faster than a clio in a straight line (hence being faster round the ring), but get it on a tight twisty circuit and things would be different

the 350z is not a bad car, its just a completely different style of driving to what a clio requires! (low down torque, rwd......)

The 350z is much faster than a clio in a straight line (hence being faster round the ring), but get it on a tight twisty circuit and things would be different

the 350z is not a bad car, its just a completely different style of driving to what a clio requires! (low down torque, rwd......)

For my needs, the 197 Cup is a much better track car. Cheaper to run, more nimble, has better track endurance and performs out of the box.

I wonder if you could put the intake where the diamond is? I'm pretty sure there's nothing behind that. It would look pretty subtle as well if it was black and in the same shape as the diamond.

that's a good idea,come to think of it ime sure there was a carbon one on here ages a go with a hole for air intake.
Could of been in the for sale bit whare i seen it:001_unsure:

the 350z is actually my favourite car, just assumed the insurance would be to much as im only 22, would never have compared one to a clio in my wildest dreams though, its not just about lap times, anyone who'd consider buying one would have to take its road presence into account, on another note highest mpg ive had in the clio is 22.6 which is pretty terrible :S

the 350z is actually my favourite car, just assumed the insurance would be to much as im only 22, would never have compared one to a clio in my wildest dreams though, its not just about lap times, anyone who'd consider buying one would have to take its road presence into account, on another note highest mpg ive had in the clio is 22.6 which is pretty terrible :S

When you think you can get a nice one for £7000 and they are dead reliable they could be cheap to run. MSV ran these as their track cars for a few years and they were the business. Built to last.

If you can live with 2 seats, they are a better choice than a cockster’s BMW M3.

When you think you can get a nice one for £7000 and they are dead reliable they could be cheap to run. MSV ran these as their track cars for a few years and they were the business. Built to last.

If you can live with 2 seats, they are a better choice than a cockster’s BMW M3.

Dead reliable until they start drinking oil from what I hear, at least on some of the later cars.