Nissan 350z

Cheers Adam, good to have a comparison with the clio. Do you think the 350z could be matched more closely to the clio with some choice suspension mods?

Mark, was also looking at the Z4M but they're a fair bit more expensive, older, higher miles and more expensive to run!

I swapped from my 350z to my current 197...

Powerwise, its way down, mine was a '53, rev-up remap, exhaust, pop charger, 25/20mm spacers, eibach springs... made 294bhp...

IMO if you can get a low milage DE, thats the one to go for due to the lower tax. Due to the weight, there is very little real world difference between the 3. The HR does have duel intakes, and a different bonnet bulge though.

Engines and box will run forever, 1 to 2nd is always notchy, but these gearboxes can see 600bhp and still be happy!

If your going FI route, the bottom ends hate torque, so the engines likely to be taken apart from anything over 400bhp.

IMO the clio is a much more fun car, but that doesnt mean the zed isnt. It will pull past 150mph, they sound gorgeous, and turn heads everywhere you go!

As above, anyone that thinks a clio will keep up with one in a straight line is on crack. Throw in some corners and its a different beast

VERY impracticle cars though, main reason for mine going!

DSC_0026.jpg
IMAG0275.jpg

edit:

i used to get 22mpg on a steady drive in the zed, where im nearer 26mpg with the same driving style in the clio..... motorway driving tho the zed will piss over the clio with the stupidly geared ratios

Last edited:
I do like the Zeds... Always wondered though, do they have any back seat at all, like a bench on the old 911s? Or just nothing at all?

cheers...

brace.jpg

Nothing at all, behind the seats there is a Bose sub, and a glovebox behind the passenger seat.

you can fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot though

I though that was the case. :worried:

I've had a poke around a 370 but haven't really had the chance to see a 350 up close. It's a lot of car for the money.

They are ALOT of car for the money, and the DBA + DS2500 brake set up is one of the best ive encountered! All UK GT specs come with the Rays, Brembo's, Cruise control and Bose stereo. Its a great package, but if its nimbleness your after, id probably go for something else....

Eitherway, jump in one, they are excellent cars for very little money. plenty of reasons to smile one when your driving it!!!

Thanks Chettle, useful info! Yours looked lovely too, are those the rays alloys?

Also, did the eibachs improve the handling and what was the ride like? Guessing these are a fair bit more comfortable than the clio even with some suspension mods.

I wouldnt say much more comfortable, but only because the Clio.recaros are excellent. The finish is much better in the Nissan. This is all my opinion, but I didn't rate the eibachs spring\spacer combo, springs felt too hard so it wasquite jumpy on b roads, never got it on track so can't really comment there...

They were standard rays yea :smile:

I'd highly advise a test drive, pop onto 350z UK and ull find loads of helpful info, and probably someone local who could show you the ropes?

There used to be a very modified convertable 350Z that frequented the same track days as us.

The thing was a total animal. So loud and so bloody fast.

I loved that car and it could hold the road like nothing else. The flames it used to spit out too :tongueout:anic:

My views on the 350z have always been a bit different to most with regards to handling ( After trying and failing and along with most other cars at Knockhill to follow said 350z..N0ddie might agree) With the correct suspension set up and wheel/tyre choice you'll not miss the 197 one bit.

Pics of it...not a real looker but it could certainly shift

9fda9e55.jpg
8f0be616.jpg
54e9d3ed.jpg

Last edited:
That belongs to one of the traders on 350z uk... serious bit of kit!!! and very far from a standard 350z!

Also worth thinking about the 245/45/18 rear tyres, and 330mm brake disks when you try to factor out running costs, and things dont break alot, so when they do, expect big bills!

ALSO.... i wouldnt even consider buying one in winter

Last edited:
That belongs to one of the traders on 350z uk... serious bit of kit!!! and very far from a standard 350z!

Also worth thinking about the 245/45/18 rear tyres, and 330mm brake disks when you try to factor out running costs, and things dont break alot, so when they do, expect big bills!

ALSO.... i wouldnt even consider buying one in winter

Ah so what exactly has been done to it ?

Ive not seen it at Knockhill for ages which is a bit of a shame.

im not 100% sure, but id expect no less than 2.5k's worth of suspension bits...

decent coilovers - £1500
camber correcting kits - £200
Control arms - £500
Roll Bars - £400

propper tyres, propper big brakes etc etc etc.... definately not a cheap toy! lol

He also runs a GTR, so maybe he's been using that? Bin a while since ive been on there tbh!

I loved that car and it could hold the road like nothing else. The flames it used to spit out too :tongueout:anic:

My views on the 350z have always been a bit different to most with regards to handling ( After trying and failing and along with most other cars at Knockhill to follow said 350z..N0ddie might agree) With the correct suspension set up and wheel/tyre choice you'll not miss the 197 one bit.

Pics of it...not a real looker but it could certainly shift

9fda9e55.jpg
8f0be616.jpg
54e9d3ed.jpg

It does look a bit fast and furious :cool:

I've seen that car on one of the forums too, it's twin turbo'd (notice the boost gauges in the a-pillar!). Guessing it's not much of a daily driver though.

Chettle, what makes you say don't buy one in the winter? Guessing its the tail-happyness but then again, cars like this are cheapest in the winter

exactly that! Loads of torque and a terrible traction control system make them a handful in the wet, yet alone snow!

That said, im a bit of a pussy

Also worth noting, i saved £13!! transfering my policy over from the zed to the clio.....

Last edited:
I absolutely love my 350z to bits, its the rev up 300 model and it really does turn serious heads. Very tail happy so depending on your outlook fun or not fun in the corners having to be on your guard all the time. The Clio certainly wins in that respect

In a straight line it's decent and the sound of mine with the nismo is second to none! Always nice to get out of your system, it has me torn as to whether it needs to be sold or not for a house and build up the 197 or keep and work harder lol

Mine is very low miles but there hasn't been one thing that's needed doing other than the usual oil, filter etc

575881_3505278266248_1990113935_n.jpg

I absolutely love my 350z to bits, its the rev up 300 model and it really does turn serious heads. Very tail happy so depending on your outlook fun or not fun in the corners having to be on your guard all the time. The Clio certainly wins in that respect

In a straight line it's decent and the sound of mine with the nismo is second to none! Always nice to get out of your system, it has me torn as to whether it needs to be sold or not for a house and build up the 197 or keep and work harder lol

Mine is very low miles but there hasn't been one thing that's needed doing other than the usual oil, filter etc

575881_3505278266248_1990113935_n.jpg

This is one very nice Z if it needs to be sold what price will it be going for?

Pretty sure I saw this for sale earlier, can't remember where though or even if it was a current ad!