no idea where this belongs.

michaelsyer

Gold Member
Started today hit some water going up a hill quite a bit of wheel spin in 3rd gear, started to smell burning? stopped using the car for 7 hours or so till i had to collect my girlfriend when i have the heating on high hot it smells like burning plastic? i use my heating everyday so it shouldnt be dust burning off any ideas people? i know i shouldnt have a lot of wheel spin should have stopped but im a child at heart....

If you've hit standing water or deep water then any of the plastic guards might be rubbing on the moving wheels, driveshaft's or belts and pulleys. If the heater fan was on full (4) then its over heating the resister pack our your pollen filter might be wet or blocked restricting the air flow and the fans are working harder than they should like putting your hand over the end of the hoover it revs up.

If you've hit standing water or deep water then any of the plastic guards might be rubbing on the moving wheels, driveshaft's or belts and pulleys. If the heater fan was on full (4) then its over heating the resister pack our your pollen filter might be wet or blocked restricting the air flow and the fans are working harder than they should like putting your hand over the end of the hoover it revs up.
Speed 4 bypasses resister:chair:

Keeping the accelerator on hard when hitting deep water or puddles is a sure way of damaging a drive shaft or gear box especially when only on one side puts quite a shock load on the transmission besides a sure way of loosing control and crashing. If it bypass the resister why did mine work on all 3 except no.4 at one time

But yes I put the pins into a new connector saved me having to replace the end of the loom and the resister pack was ok has been good for a couple of years now.

Just say you were away from the keyboard the shitter is way too much info but a 20min round trip you need more fibre, or better WIFI

Just say you were away from the keyboard the shitter is way too much info but a 20min round trip you need more fibre, or better WIFI
Ok ok there was a blockage. Luckily I'm a plumber but had to go to van and get plunger to plunge myself then head back to said crapper. Hence twenty mins

I think he drives a citroen from his profile and his traction control is not working I think the smell of melting plastic is the least of his worries.

I think he drives a citroen from his profile and his traction control is not working I think the smell of melting plastic is the least of his worries.
And manages to drive into standing water running downhill whilst going for it enough to wheel spin in third gear. Oh no keyword was Citroen. Oh dear

Good luck with the problem hope you find the source just kidding about the Citroen thing etc. michaelsyer . You might also check the wiper motor take a sniff around the scuttle bay if its a Clio your driving and see if your can detect the smell from outside.

Similar Thread Suggestions