Not enjoying my 197

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Well guys had my 57 plate 197 for 4 weeks now and thought it was the nuts when buying it , since having it there was an oil leak around the rocker cover near the coils,boot making a noise,knocking noise under car, air con stinks,air filter black as black. So took it back to dealer told not worry about oil leak that is norm and all clios make a rattle,so off I went home not very happy. The next day couldn't help thinking this wasn't right I went back to Renault Enfield and insisted they fix the oil leak and had it booked in under warranty and got a courtesy car. The fix took them a week! Saying the diffuser needed fixing because that was the rattle and the rocker gasket took nearly a week to get in. When I picked up the car they had scratched the diffuser not a little but all along it so there gonna respray it. Also noticed that they had serviced it and when I checked the service book all that was done was oil at 37567 miles , looking in service book they should have done spark plugs,airfilter,cabin filter,air con, when I asked them about these things they wanted me to pay £125 for plugs and I would have to pay for the rest of the stuff too. Got up today went down there not happy with my service book and explained all the thing that should have been serviced and the answer was [where was i going with this], I replyed I'd spoken to Renault uk and funny enought it was yes sir thank you sir three bags full sir as soon as I'd mentioned Renault uk.They didn't want too do **** before that . Booked in next sat for work done. Renault recommend all these things for the customer to have done when serviced but they don't want to do it when selling it them selfs Hypocritical !

love the car hate the service it's a common problem with renault delers, it's so hit and miss there are good ones and bad ones best ask around on here for a unbiased opinion,

Eurgh, i'm not looking forward to my service next year with all these Renault dealers people keep complaining about. I think i'll just buy Renault parts and take it to my local garage I know I can trust.

Hey minimaxs1 how did u get the picture next to your name , not figured out photos on here yet.

Eurgh, i'm not looking forward to my service next year with all these Renault dealers people keep complaining about. I think i'll just buy Renault parts and take it to my local garage I know I can trust.

go to user CP and it's settings and options edit avitar and add pic (check size is right)

good call and if it's good let the site know better do go somewhere we can trust

Well guys had my 57 plate 197 for 4 weeks now and thought it was the nuts when buying it , since having it there was an oil leak around the rocker cover near the coils,boot making a noise,knocking noise under car, air con stinks,air filter black as black. So took it back to dealer told not worry about oil leak that is norm and all clios make a rattle,so off I went home not very happy. The next day couldn't help thinking this wasn't right I went back to Renault Enfield and insisted they fix the oil leak and had it booked in under warranty and got a courtesy car. The fix took them a week! Saying the diffuser needed fixing because that was the rattle and the rocker gasket took nearly a week to get in. When I picked up the car they had scratched the diffuser not a little but all along it so there gonna respray it. Also noticed that they had serviced it and when I checked the service book all that was done was oil at 37567 miles , looking in service book they should have done spark plugs,airfilter,cabin filter,air con, when I asked them about these things they wanted me to pay £125 for plugs and I would have to pay for the rest of the stuff too. Got up today went down there not happy with my service book and explained all the thing that should have been serviced and the answer was [where was i going with this], I replyed I'd spoken to Renault uk and funny enought it was yes sir thank you sir three bags full sir as soon as I'd mentioned Renault uk.They didn't want too do **** before that . Booked in next sat for work done. Renault recommend all these things for the customer to have done when serviced but they don't want to do it when selling it them selfs Hypocritical !

you have done what you needed to do - stick too it and tell them what you should expect when buying a car and the recommended servicing

as for using them again...you dont have too - as long as its serviced in line with manufacturer guidelines then you can take it where you like (vat registered garage)

dont forget the clio is basically a "cheap" super-mini with a big engine and some trick suspension/brakes...expect problems...but expect them to be repaired correctly!

I'm gonna try get some photos up soon but wanted to ask u guys I've got Clio anthracite alloys but have 225 45 17 on front and the same on back but different brand on rear and there XL on rear . Is this ok? Also done the rear number plate led upgrade what upgrades would u guys start with?

i was speaking to a couple of technicans from reanault an they were saying how the aftersales side of renault uk is apparently struggling. With performance like this i'm not suprised!