Odd request: Spacers

Can anyone with spacers do me a favour and fill in these dimensions please

21469CC0-952D-481F-971E-977855BB4E71-2057-000001E296AFA8A7.jpg

Quick iPhone doodle :tongueout:

Would you recommend the above type with longer bolts or the bolt to hub type?
If you recommend the bolt to hub type what is the thread size?

The reason I'm asking this is we have a few blocks of aluminium at work that aren't being used, so I've got my eye on them to make some spacers.

Cheers :smile:

MMMM!!! Good idea
Sorry I cant help ya! But if they dont cost ya too much I'll get you to make up some more for moi! :smile:

And PS, def bolt to hub...

I can't help with dimensions as I've got 4 stud spacers.

Would recommend "bolt to the hub" ones though. As I wouldn't trust longer bolts tbh

I'm after the same dimensions! We've got some aircraft grade aluminium that my mate orderd at my work for some pulleys he's made! And there's enough left over for me to make a set of spacers! Just need the dimensions and then will make a drawing up and hand to the cnc lads! Aha.

The centre bore on the hub is 60.1mm so you need to replicate that on the inner and outer part.

The studs on our cars are M14 so holes need to be big enough for those and the stud pattern (PCD) is 5x108mm.

Your best bet is having a wheel off to meausre, the hub protrudes around 16mm into the wheel.

I'm no expert but that better be the right grade of aluminium if it's bolt to hub. You don't want to be screwing your wheel nuts into 'soft' aluminium.

I'm no expert but that better be the right grade of aluminium if it's bolt to hub. You don't want to be screwing your wheel nuts into 'soft' aluminium.

i'm sure that 25mm eibach and H&R spacers have steel collers in them that can't pull through for the wheel bolts to screw in to...

like andreas says,i think its risky business making your own spacers,eibach and H&R ones will be highly tested to make sure they are safe,i wouldn't want any of my wheels shearing off

I've just drawn up a bolt to hub spacer. I need some extra dimensions so I may take my wheel off and design them from scratch.

Then I'm going to make a 3d CAD model and hand it to the stress guy at work to tell me if it'll be ok.

I work in aerospace so I'm hoping the material we have in work is suitable for this application lol

I've got the thread size; m14, 1.5
The PCD is 108
The OD on the outer lip and on the back is 60.1
The spacer width is 25
I just need a thickness for the lip, need to know how far it's going to go into the wheel and the diameter of the spacer... I can get these from my wheels :smile:

Last edited:
I've just drawn up a bolt to hub spacer. I need some extra dimensions so I may take my wheel off and design them from scratch.

Then I'm going to make a 3d CAD model and hand it to the stress guy at work to tell me if it'll be ok.

I work in aerospace so I'm hoping the material we have in work is suitable for this application lol

I've got the thread size; m14, 1.5
The PCD is 108
The OD on the outer lip and on the back is 60.1
The spacer width is 25
I just need a thickness for the lip, need to know how far it's going to go into the wheel and the diameter of the spacer... I can get these from my wheels :smile:

good look mate...:thumbsup:

Yeah, the spacers I was going to make will either have 'bushes' in the aluminium that are threaded instead of threading the aluminium or just have a hole straight through for longer bolts. They will also be tested to make sure there the correct strength and no weak points etc. I'll see how it goes! Aha

Had 5 mins free at work today so made this :tongueout:

743AA3A7-C111-43EA-B8CE-F3DDE35EAA4D-3280-000002E74B09CFF2.jpg

Danny, do you think steel helicoils would be ok for these? Rather than threaded bushes... But then helicoils are only for protecting threads that are constantly in use, these wont be :/

Similar Thread Suggestions