Odd Tyre Wear

Got 4 x ContiContact Sport 3's, 8 month ago all round. I quite abit of motorway miles 300 a week. Run them about 35 PSI, check them regular.

However the O/S/F front, is wearing loads more than the N/S/F - checked tracking and all seems spot on, talking one is 6mm and other is 3mm.

I'll try get some photos up, any ideas?

erm....you been wheel spinning??? haha. only thing i can think of is you've probably got a softer compound tyre. check all details on tyre wall and make sure all letters and numbers are same.

we have had the same problem at work and it turned out to be a dodgy tyre that was just softer!

p.s: 3mm in 8months sounds about right, so its probably the 6mm thats got a harder compound

erm....you been wheel spinning??? haha. only thing i can think of is you've probably got a softer compound tyre. check all details on tyre wall and make sure all letters and numbers are same.

we have had the same problem at work and it turned out to be a dodgy tyre that was just softer!

p.s: 3mm in 8months sounds about right, so its probably the 6mm thats got a harder compound

Thanks for your input mate, They are all the same make 91W - stronger side wall than 87W - Conti's

check and make sure the steering arm outer ball joints/track rod ends are on the same amount on the threaded part of the steering rack on both sides

Similar Thread Suggestions