Partners cars

What cars do your other half drive? Needing some inspiration for my girlfriend, i think price wise 6000 is the max and smaller engined. She likes the ford KA but i dont feel like she'd be getting much car for the money.

fiat punto.....cheap motoring!

+1 Caroline has a newish Fiat Punto Evo 1.4 auto... she loves it but I cant stand it.

The driving position is all wrong, the auto box has a tea break before finally bothering to change gear, throttle response is about as fast as PVA glue going off and don't even get me started on that stop/start b*ll*cks

Last edited:
The missus has a Fiat 500 pop, nice to look at and she loves it but it aint the best to drive......oh apart from parking where it makes the turning circle on my 200 cup seem like an oil tankers!

i think i've tempted her towards a fiat 500 as i really can't stand the back of the ford ka, she had mentioned the punto too. I think a day of been harrassed by sales men is in order for her to decide

My wifes got a Seat Ibiza 1.2 tsi DSG. Nice enough to drive, and pretty good power for a little car (105hp)

Nissan QuashQui +2 ntec+, 1.5dci. A little underpowered but fits the family well. Surprisingly handles better than you'd think.

when we got the 500 had an absoulte nightmare with Arnold Clarke, worst experiance with a garage ever. eventulally got the deposit back and got the same deal from an independant fiat dealer. not had any issues with the 500 since getting it though, its been just over a year now.

My wife to be is VW lover, polo, currently a fox but just signed on the line for the new polo.

My wife drives the mighty Chery QQ.
It's an 800cc engine :smiley:
Sufficient for now. Has a/c, p/s, the works. Very affordable alternative. No safety features, and very tiny. Not very stable in the slightest breeze though. Hasn't given a single niggle.

Planning on trading up for a Renault sandero stepway 1.6 before my daughter is born in June. :blush: also very affordable, considering what you're getting.

Going for a silver one, and going to match the wheels to mine, and do some carbon bits. Like a his and hers. Baby will get a recaro baby seat :cool:

My car is way too harsh for a new born, since fitting the h&r's.

My misses has 500 seems all the woman love them she wanted PINK! Told her I'd never get in it if she picked pink lol Great little car but I look like Mr Incredible trying to drive it.

Similar Thread Suggestions