Pav's Albi Blue 197T

Just picked my Clio up post-MOT/gearbox mount install - feels great (I already had the upper stabilizer and lower mount done).

Gear stick in the cabin feels spot on, no movement or kick/feedback from it and the car generally sounds quieter to drive too - No knock or movement from anything when shifting, just nice, solid, clean shifts.

These Powerflex mounts (aside from the upper insert) really do make such a positive difference to the way the Clio drives.

Glad all went as planned mate.did u have the osram fitted too?same here.can't believe how different the car feels now.what an upgrade.
Thumbs up for Powerflex

Last edited:
Glad all went as planned mate.did u have the osram fitted too?same here.can't believe how different the car feels now.what an upgrade.
Thumbs up for Powerflex

Unfortunately my mechanic didn't have enough time to drop the bumper off, so he just fitted the H7 dipped beam OSRAMS for me. Going to have to sort out getting the H1 main beams and 501 sidelights another time :worried:

Great to hear you're happy with the mounts Pav, it has convinced me I should get it done too :smile: I liked the videos, the quality of the camera seems really good.

Those roads look like great fun, I would love to drive on them some day - possibly do a forum run out/meet there??

Jimmy these 2 inserts have been a very wise choice..not too much vibrations and the overall feel is great..the gear change is unbelievable..never knew it could feel so good to change gears in our cars..the dash cams are great..have an editing program where you can do all sorts with your clips so that helps too..still learning..
a forum run out would be a good idea when the weather gets a bit better...not long run as the drive wont take more than an hour though..but fun :thumbsup:

These roads aren't far from me so I would definitely be up for it!

will make a thread if this is happening mate..:skiing:

The vibration from the dogbone will settle down to nothing. Same with the upper torque arm. Shame I couldn't help out. Did the gearbox one (under the battery) look straightforward?
thanks Pete..no worries..was a good decision as we had to put the car up on the ramp to get the original mount out..and we did have to use some proper force to release it from the housing from underneath the car..
disconnect/remove the battery,remove the tray underneath it,remove the air box and pipes connected to it and there you go..

[MENTION=51803]osmanv[/MENTION] did you have this one fitted too? http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/product-details/Upper+Engine+Mount+Insert/11257.html it adds A LOT of vibration. Had mine removed after 6 months because it got too much for me. The rest are spot on though.
yup, that's being fitted.

il live with the vibration as I bought this car with intent of making it a project car.

planning on getting a megane 265 cup as a daily or maybe a Toyota corolla if my pram does not fit in the boot lol.

ok just came back from a little drive around mine..i can nothing but praise these two inserts..better gear shift,more responsive,car feels tighter..
plus the slight vibration i get occasionally make me feel like im sitting in a race car..its actually a very cool feature now :biggrin:
there are 2 more upgrades i'd like to make to my car in the future:
1.Suspension upgrade
2. Remap

hope they will be happening at some point this/next year

thanks

[MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] you should've left them abit longer... My upper was horrendous but either I've got used to it or they've
settled down! Had them in awhile... Only problem is the car has no AC and its sometimes a lot louder when the windows are down! Have thought about removing it but makes the car feel a lot tighter! I'd be tempted to change my gearbox one but if
i was talking all to bits id like to get it checked out / lightened flywheel

I'd be tempted to change my gearbox one but if

all these upgrades will come in time mate..thats why it good to have plans..slowly getting done..patience is worth it :wink:

Haha indeed they will! Got disc and pads lined up in May and they should be sorted for Clio fest!
Contemplating getting a scorpion exhaust for her next :smile:

Haha well I'll have the missus chatting in one ear and the exhaust in the other :biggrin:

OEM discs (probs) brembos on the front and yellow stuff pads all round

good choice..tempted to get the yellow stuff pads too..just rears though..have ds2500 being fitted soon...

where are you getting the pads from??

I've seen them on Kam racing for £150 for both front and rears!! I've not shopped around too much but that seems to be the standard price

@CallorFold you should've left them abit longer... My upper was horrendous but either I've got used to it or they've
settled down! Had them in awhile... Only problem is the car has no AC and its sometimes a lot louder when the windows are down! Have thought about removing it but makes the car feel a lot tighter! I'd be tempted to change my gearbox one but if

I can't image it would have settled down much more to be fair.... covered a good 4K miles with it fitted. Removing it didn't make any noticeable decrease in drive feel, it just took away all the vibration. It's only really the engine movement you need to stop (upper stabilizer and lower mount). Got fed up of everything buzzing and rattling - especially on a long motorway drive it got really annoying.

If you've got all 3 mounts (upper stabilizer, upper engine insert and lower engine mount) I'd highly recommend taking the upper insert out and giving it a drive. I doubt you'll notice any negatives and you'll lose 95% of the vibration.

just one more thing that i discovered while having the air box out to fit the gearbox insert..maybe worth checking from time to time.
this little vent/hole tend to collect rain water that travels down the bonnet..this then can get under your hood where ist sucked in while you are driving..while removed i had a decent amount of water in the actual pipe with a flap inside..not sure if it can get to the engine but better check..

P_20160221_140424_1_p1.jpg

so i've just covered it with some plastic tubing with an opened end and secured it with a zip tie..

P_20160221_140434_1_p.jpg
P_20160221_140401_DF.jpg

thanks

i recorded a couple of videos of my exhaust..used my phone and dash cam..let you boys/girls decide whether its something you like or not
just fyi its is very civilized up to 4,000 rpm..so very easy to live with on a every day basis

video 1
video 2