postal strike

stupid nasty bast**d selfish post people, im sooo p***** off that this sentance probably wont make sense and spelling will be wrong.

i was supposed to recieve my log book for my clio this week (put private plate on retention) but i wont get it till mid next week now because of the strike, well thats what dvla told me when i phoned up.

which means i wont be getting my megane till next wednsdayish now, been waiting two weeks as it is...

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

drifter.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is very annoying how people are threatening stike action in times like this. Do they think they are the only ones getting a rubbish deal??
I work in the engineering sector and haven't had a pay rise for nearly 2 years because the state of the economy, it also annoys me when civil servants etc get payrises at the minute, all it does is bump our council tax up ffs

I hate the fact that the people bumping the social are getting pay rises but us hard working s.o.b's are struggling workin how many hours we work a week for a pay rise!!

Stupid dam country!

I work for the Post office and completely agree with the strikes, its not all about money. The fact that their working conditions are shite dont help either.

I work for the Post office and completely agree with the strikes, its not all about money. The fact that their working conditions are shite dont help either.

I don't work for the PO but I agree with protest regarding the conditions you are being subjected too. It's very little to do with money if you take time to study the issue.

considering all the job loses in the past 2 years, and the current 2.5 million + unemployed they should be lucky they have a job imo...

considering all the job loses in the past 2 years, and the current 2.5 million + unemployed they should be lucky they have a job imo...
+1

Times are hard & s***, I'm doin loads of unpaid overtime for me work and have been all year, why, to make sure the company survive and I have a job at the end of it. All this is doing is ruining royal mail as customer will stop using them.
I'm not saying postal working aren't entitled to fair pay and working conditions, its just the wrong time to be striking over money. The world is changing and all business's have to change with it

poties think they work under hard conditions try being in the army getting paid peanuts to risk your life in afghanistan but hey we all do the job because its what we want to do so they should put up and shut up and just crack on imo

You don't know how hard Posties work until you've actually done the job!

Fiona.. deliveries were on strike today thats why you had mail yesterday.

Unless you work where i work (a delivery office attached to the mail centre) and you had yesterday off and worked today.

You don't know how hard Posties work until you've actually done the job!

Fiona.. deliveries were on strike today thats why you had mail yesterday.

Unless you work where i work (a delivery office attached to the mail centre) and you had yesterday off and worked today.

I'm not saying posties dont work hard, as I've said before times are bad and you have to do things above and beyond. I work flippin hard but I'm not going on strike because I've not had a payrise

isnt it to do with possible job loses???
even tho royal mail said TWO years ago that in the near future they are going to be "modernising", i.e using machines to organise mail etc etc or something like that.
going on strike is only annoying people and losing royal mail customers, so theres going to be job loses because of lack of custom any ways...
my girlfriend has an online business and sends 10+ parcels a day, she wont be using royal mail anymore because shes had enough of people moaning at her wheres my stuff wheres my stuff.
drifter.

it cant be good for Royal mail, all its doing is making people go elsewhere, I know we have stopped using royal mail because of it