Pot holes!!!

Smashed my poor meggy through one so hard on the way home tonight, the fuel safety cut off switch kicked in :worried:

not had chance to see if its done any other damage yet :'(

We don't have pot holes in and around Leeds, they just call those bits the road.

I have occasionally found some asphalt to drive on though which is refreshing!

On my commute to work on a very major road there are two "pot holes" over a foot wide and well over two foot long.

I've been over in Ireland recently and its made me appreciate our roads (slightly) more. I know theres a lot of pot holes here, and that sucks. But over there they're car breakers. One of my sisters neighbours while I was there hit one on a main road that ripped her front and rear tyre, smashed and cracked her front wheel and buckled beyond repair her rear one. She rang the council to complain and they simply said "there's street lights on that road, if you didn't see it, that's your fault".

Check this one out...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20887611

We don't have pot holes in and around Leeds, they just call those bits the road.

On my commute to work on a very major road there are two "pot holes" over a foot wide and well over two foot long.

oh yeh! holes joined by pieces of tarmac...:foxspeed:

Hah round here if its not full of holes its covered in speed bumps, it does test your commitment to the cup chassis......

I bent an alloy on a pot hole last year before i had the 200. Had to pay for a new allow, fitting, tracking etc.

You can claim the money back from the government/council, just take a pic and provide a copy of the invoice and they reimburse you. I didn't take a pic but applied for the online and by post, they made the mistake of paying out twice...but i probs shouldn't say that....

I've just reported some pot holes on that pot holes website. It also sends them through to your local council which is pretty good.

Might be worth reporting the pot hole on there, it'll help then if you need to put a claim in against the council.

I'm driving up to Leeds tomorrow! I will be on full alert to take evasive action!

That sucks, must have been some knock to trigger the fuel safety switch.

Down this way it’s not too bad, most the main road are pot free with the odd 1 or 2 it's just when you turn off onto side roads you got to watch out.

When you turn into the road where I live it’s like the surface of the moon and you can’t avoid them, was meant to be resurfaced back in December after it being like this for years but it has been delayed to March!

Thing that gets me is the council have just wasted a shed load of cash changing the speed limit from 40 to 30 outside of the town on both sides where there are no schools or any hidden dangers, it was also opposed due to it being a complete waste of money but somehow it been done anyway.

Similar Thread Suggestions