powder coated wheels

Budz

Gold Member
whats the best way to keep them looking mint

other than not putting them on the car

someone said clear lacquer them, not sure about that tho

anyone got any tips

cheers

As soon as i got my powder coated wheels back i applied a couple layers of collinite 476. I dont use harsh acid based cleaners when i wash the car as the acid will attack the powder coat clear lacquer over time. I use bilberry (acid free cleaner) diluted 1:10 to soak the wheels for 5 mins then rinse then wash car and wheels with chemical guys glossworkz shampoo which is ph neutral and wont strip wax. Then reapply collinite on wheels after evey other wash or two.

Last edited:
Can you get something that doesnt need applying after every wash or 2?

I'm going to probably get my wheels refurbed next month and was thinking matt grey, however when I get them back I will of course treat them to a protective product of some description, however I hate cleaning cars as it is so I certianly don't want to be taking my wheels off every couple of washes to re apply stuff to them!

Cheers

Can you get something that doesnt need applying after every wash or 2?

I'm going to probably get my wheels refurbed next month and was thinking matt grey, however when I get them back I will of course treat them to a protective product of some description, however I hate cleaning cars as it is so I certianly don't want to be taking my wheels off every couple of washes to re apply stuff to them!

Cheers

Collinite will last you a few good months if you put on say 2/3 coats on IMO

mmm, I'm thinking more like once a year I would be prepared to remove them. I'll have a google, must be something hardy out there!

Basically I was thinking as long as you can spray them with Bilbery during normal cleaning any they come up nice then that will do, I want to try and prevent long term damage. I've never applied anything to a wheel before, formally just jet wash and then wash with a mit and shampoo at the end of my wash. But after a couple of years you get brake dust in the corners that just wont shift. So if once I year I IronX and apply something, then hopefully that means I should be fine for normak washing as before - especially if I use Bilbery too?

Anyway to keep the thread on topic a bit more, is Bilbery ok to use on powder coated wheels? Is there anything powder coating needs or doesnt need compared to OE?

Cquartz seems like it'll be good from the reviews ive seen, shouldn't effect the matt finish.

Is it the DLux stuff, plastic trim and wheel kit? Just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff.

Cheers,

Gtechniq do a wheel product that lasts like 2 years. (G2 maybe) Will just need cleaning as normal.

Remember to use ph neutral on Your wheels tho otherwise it'll strip whatever you spend time putting on.

Is ph neutral a product or do you mean just make sure what ever I wash with is ph neutral? I used Meg's gold clash as a normal shampoo.

ph neutral means it is neither acidic nor alkaline (has a pH of 7.0), pure water is an example of a ph neutral chemical solution

Similar Thread Suggestions