powerflow

A mate had one fitted to his Fiesta 1.25 and it sounded great on that. They claim to give good gains too.

Wouldn't go there personally. There stainless isn't normally a very high grade, welding can also be very poor unless you are lucky with who fits it. Nearly always mig welded and not tig. And they crush the bends into exhaust. No mandrel bending.....

I had a back box ok mine a while ago, mine was fine. Had no problems. Sounded great as well.

ive got a full system on mine, my mate owns a powerflow dealer/supplier. Had them on every single car ive had, I swear by them.

Sounds fantastic, choose the tailpipes you want, the bore of pipe you want, the pitch of the exhaust.

when I get it back, Ill get a video of the sound etc

over my many years of car tuning/modifying, i always stay far away from the 'custom' exhaust places.

generally little or no thought goes into the systems, with random tube size, random baffles and silencers used etc.

no testing or knowledge like well established exhaust makers.

Plus most powerflow dealers are franchises, so you wont get the same 'quality' from one dealer to the next, so can be a lottery.

but like most things in life, you pays your money and takes your choice!

Yeah thats fair enough, the quality can vary, but it takes my mate a full day to carry out a system, as hes aware I want it to be the best it can possibly be, regarding welds etc.

richard, before using the franchisee, go and see some of his work, make sure hes reputable. Best thing to do is get in contact with some owners clubs near by to you, a lot of the classic cars around near me happen to use my mate, and they rate him highly, so find out as much as you can

I tend to use Blueflame. There is a powerflow centre not far from me, and to be fair, not heard a bad word said about them.

As Keil said, if your not sure ask to see other examples. Ask around various clubs, or if you know anyone who's used them.

disagree twingo, ive had 9 cars since passing my test in 2005, never had any problems, and been to a local tuning garage, showed increase with powerflow :smile:

unless youve had problems in the past with powerflow, cant see what the problem with them is.

Last edited:
the jokeflow exhaust that came on my car;

acb52d52.jpg

6547745f.jpg

a1330c98.jpg

9fc0fee1.jpg

b9730df4.jpg

f9d02f26.jpg

the pictures speak for them selves, shocking welding, bottlenecked bends and general poor build quality.

i wouldnt dream of fitting a powerflow exhaust to anything tbh

mine looks NOTHING like that at all haha.

all the bends that I required in the system, were carried out using correctly measured elbow style joints. also the welding is top notch, as clean as anything, I will try get some pictures up when I get the diffuser painted

its the 1 in newcastle and its not a franchises its a powerflow dealer and only does exhaust
just thinking would it giv me the same power/gains over a ktr or miltek

try and look at their work etc mate,

you have ability to choose exactly how you want the exhaust rather than it been the standard millitek/ktr that are common

mine looks NOTHING like that at all haha.

all the bends that I required in the system, were carried out using correctly measured elbow style joints. also the welding is top notch, as clean as anything, I will try get some pictures up when I get the diffuser painted

it wont look like yours will it, because its off a 182 not a 197 / 200.

the only custom exhaust places to go are pro speed and pipeworx. custom exhausts are hit and miss but the abortion of the majority of the powerflow systems says enough in my eyes.

why go custom when there are plenty of off the shelf dyno proven exhaust systems already available?

i wasnt implementing that it was off the same car ha.

I prefer going different and still getting gains... rather than having common items

i wasnt implementing that it was off the same car ha.

I prefer going different and still getting gains... rather than having common items

since when do powerflow do dyno printouts for their exhausts?

its quite common knowledge that powerflow have very small restrictive nominal bores on the back of their resonators.

thus strangling the engine.

jesus someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning, lol

I had my car dyno'd before the exhaust inc decat, and also after at a reputable tuning company.

I am also, as above Ive had them on every single car Ive had, never had any problems, only had a few cars dyno'd and all shown improvements, maybe not on the same increase as other suppliers ie ktr,millitek, but for the price I paid for them, it was worth it