powerflow

pics of dyno graphs?

i had a similar discussion with someone off meganesport.net, he has a 3 inch turbo back power flow system. he went to get the car mapped and wayne at chipwizards couldnt understand what was wrong with the car. some thing was holding it back in a big way.

turns out the 3 inch exhaust dropped down to 1 inch bore at the back boxes. this was because of the sleeve joints most powerflow systems have.

Last edited:
im with keil

had powerflow on a couple of my cars and never had an issue
my 1.6 fiat stilo made a proven increase in power and looked great

my girlfriends ford sportka fet punchier, could out pull my integra at the bottom of the revs and sounded like it had anti lag when downshifting over 4k!!!:w00t:
they even made a swapable part to allow the pipe to be hidden instead of a tail pipe

im a welder by trade and couldnt falt the work

that was a14 performance in bury st edmonds

turns out the 3 inch exhaust dropped down to 1 inch bore at the back boxes. this was because of the sleeve joints most powerflow systems have.

maths would work out that that means the exhaust has at least a .3 of an inch wall thickness so would be like using scafolding to make the pipes
unless the guy building it has no common sence it would never be made like that

currently trying to dig the dyno print out....

Like andy stated also, they do show increases.... at a fraction of cost aswell :smile:

so could a milkfloat.

there is nothing more gutless than a K20 before v-tec!!

PS: not bashing it, i am a big Honda fan!

it was a stripped dc2 not the tank of a dc5 lol i was as surprised as anyone when she stormed off down the road lol

Plus most powerflow dealers are franchises, so you wont get the same 'quality' from one dealer to the next, so can be a lottery.

but like most things in life, you pays your money and takes your choice!

this was a good point - if you find a good one then great but quality can vary even from the well known suppliers and makers of exhausts

Last edited:
currently trying to dig the dyno print out....

Like andy stated also, they do show increases.... at a fraction of cost aswell :smile:

A fraction of the cost?!! Pretty sure you told me once your 'full' system is worth over 1k?! That's akra/supersprint price!! And I no what I would go for.

I think most custom places generally make pretty pants exhausts from what I've seen although some are capable of producing good work and will only do it if the cash is there to back up putting in the effort and then you have to work out if you want custom or off the shelf for similar money.

If I was to put an exhaust on mine it would be custom but from a guy I know near Norwich who runs a company called ituned. He uses medical grade stainless, tig welding and mandrel bending. Soo impressive! Never seen an exhaust of similar quality from powerflow but would be good to see some pics to get an idea what they are like in different areas

never said anything of the sought mikey? why would I pay over a grand to my mate?? £150 it cost me

The general public wouldn't be paying £150, so yeah, if that's what you paid then that's good value. If it's nearer the £400 range then I'd like the exhaust to be designed and tested specifically for my car.

Unless there's some crazy restriction, I don't believe there is a huge difference between one exhaust and another - in value for money terms, spending over £500 on one is crazy talk and will only win in d1ck waving competiions on forums. i.e. run two exhausts side-by-side on the same car, you might see 1-2 bhp PEAK between a £300 exhaust and a £1000 one.. good value? hmm

Rich