Problems with 197?

Hi, coming up to two years ownership now of 08 197 cup and come across a few problems and wondered if anyone else had the same? I know all about the kangarooing although this doesnt happen all the time but I do find it hard some mornings to engage 1st gear and occasionally I get a clunking noise when going into 4th gear only. This doesnt happen everyday and wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing?

Hi, coming up to two years ownership now of 08 197 cup and come across a few problems and wondered if anyone else had the same? I know all about the kangarooing although this doesnt happen all the time but I do find it hard some mornings to engage 1st gear and occasionally I get a clunking noise when going into 4th gear only. This doesnt happen everyday and wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing?

kangarooing is renouned in clio 197s dude, mine does it an many more do too.
mine usually kangaroos abit in the mornin as i pull off in first, then proper kangaroos wen i engage into second, as soon as i let off an give it some revs an let the clutch back out, it pulls fine. i think its jus why the engine is gettin up to temp

haha, mine kangaroos too... @_@ but it's kinda fun. 197s dont like cold starts

ryan, what was your fix when you brought it in?

haha, mine kangaroos too... @_@ but it's kinda fun. 197s dont like cold starts

ryan, what was your fix when you brought it in?

they update the ecu i think dude, wen i took mine in for it, they told me it had already had it an its jus a characteristic of the car :thumb1:

i never had it updated as im aware, i pretty sure it was earlier 197s that suffered from them then from sometime in 2007 onwards it was from factory. i ment the the gearbox as some 197 suffer from dodgey gearboxs, syncromesh going ect, yours sounds like syncr to me.

kangarooing is fixed by modifying throttle body . .. none at all even from cold

yeah after i did mine its not done it once, and it seems to be smoother acceleration

My first 197(06) had the Renault reflash and it cured the realy bad kangaroo (hot and cold engine).
Gearbox was also changed (bulking on down change into 3rd and 4th)

My first 197(06) had the Renault reflash and it cured the realy bad kangaroo (hot and cold engine).
Gearbox was also changed (bulking on down change into 3rd and 4th)

Thanks - glad its not just mine. Booked in for service next week so will see what Renault say although suspect they will try fobbing me off!