R27 1 month detail finally finished!!

So finally after about nearly a month i decided the car was finished and guess what? I'm still not happy with some of the results!! OCD much?

Anyways I bought a little present for my car in respect to a childhood hero of mines but haven't had time to apply them yet..
IMG_2240.jpg

Next up was the long process of applying and letting everything cure to protect the paintwork.. as follows

1 coat of PB's Blackhole (this stuff brings up the DB very well!!) applied with a microfibre application pad.

1 coat of PB's EX-P Sealant to seal the paintwork applied with another microfibre application pad (by this time the car was shining!)

2 coats of PB's Natty Paste Blue applied with a Meg's foam application pad to give the wax a texture. This has totally finished the car and given it a good shine as you will see..

I done everything from the roof to the engine bay to the door shuts etc but no pictures of it all curing as i just wanted it done and couldn't be bothered with photos.

IMG_2237.jpg

By the end of it all this is some of the microfibres i used to take off all the products, i used basically a new microfibre every quarter of the car so they didn't get clogged up with products.

IMG_2242.jpg

Next up was some of the interior that had gotten a bit discoloured with rain and age. So product of choice was AG's Interior Shampoo, a small Raceglaze brush and a microfibre cloth.

Before (as you can see grey and discoloured)
IMG_2246.jpg

After
IMG_2249.jpg

Next on the list was the interior using the following products.. Also the exterior windows :blink:
IMG_2244.jpg

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]The onto the finishing, i gave the car a good hover with trusty Henry and was looking good! But next on the list was rubber and vinyl care. The following product was applied with various microfibre cloths being used all over the car, under the bonnet, door seals, window seals, R27 Decals etc etc.

Product used:
IMG_2270.jpg

Bit dirty:
IMG_2278.jpg
IMG_2281.jpg

After:
IMG_2284.jpg
IMG_2285.jpg

This makes me a happy man:
IMG_2302.jpg

[/FONT]

Now that the car was finished it was a painful 3 day wait until i got some good weather to take the car out!! But last night it was good enough so out came the R27 for first time in about a month. :hug:

Here are the usual shi**y quality photobucket images:
IMG_2312.jpg
IMG_2320.jpg
IMG_2334.jpg
IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2342.jpg

New wheel colour.. Yum.
IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg
IMG_2382.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2403.jpg
IMG_2406.jpg

Thanks for reading once again.. :smile:

Now time to sell up!

fantastic! very well done, time well spent. Curious, what did you do with the Colin McRae vinyls?

Thanks, a lot of time but put a huge smile on my face driving it last night knowing it was in the condition i want it to be!

I haven't done nothing with them yet, i was thinking about putting one on the back quarter at the bottom above the side skirt but its difficult as i have the R27 decals so don't want it to look too busy or tacky.

Very nice work. Would you do it for a living?

Would the contamination shown by the clay under the side decals be to do with the metal dust and assorted other crap sucked up through the front brake vents?

The inside looks amazing! Thats serious love for your car!! Nice work mate, looks bang tidy:thumbsup:
Thanks, Inside is immaculate, only thing i need to do it polish the clutch, brake, accelerator. :smile:

Very nice work. Would you do it for a living?

Would the contamination shown by the clay under the side decals be to do with the metal dust and assorted other crap sucked up through the front brake vents?

Would i do it for a living? Probably no chance, if i ever left my current job or anything or had more free time i would maybe do it part time on the side as a bit of fun/extra cash.

I also was thinking that about the contamination, maybe also to do with the wheels turning etc and throwing stuff up. I just always thought the bottom back quarter would be worse.. lol.

The satin prot looks good, is it at all sticky on the wheel/gear knob?

Its brilliant, takes a little getting used to applying it but gives a brilliant natural new look to everything. On the wheel its slightly slidey for the first few miles but ok on the gear knob. Once the slide wears off its pretty good. Keeps its look.

i'm tired out just reading this thread great job wish i had the time to do it.

Thanks, lol! I was tired also after it all but it was quite relaxing getting home and messing about with the car after work.

I don't know much about mechanicals of cars and engines etc i just know whats needed to tune them and the more spec of the car tbh so this was also quite a learning curve for me messing around with the bumper off. It also got a service just before hand so that was new also..

So very tiring lol.