R27 Update

Following on from a previous thread

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1246

Ive finally managed to complete a few things that i wanted to do on my car

so additions have been

side skirts
cup-spolier
and vinyl'd Carbon Bonnet

carbon Bonnet was done by myself which actually came out alot better than i thought it would, plans are a foot for a proper Full Carbon Bonnet but just enquiring about getting one done in a matt finish rather than gloss, anyway the vinyl one will be staying until the end of Jan and an oulton park trackday is out of the way

not the greatest pics plus the car need a clean, but i think the car looks alot more purposeful and altho the mods are not to everyones taste's still they make my car somewhat different which i like.

HPIM2557.jpg

HPIM2560.jpg

HPIM2559.jpg

HPIM2561.jpg

comments welcome good or bad do your worst :wink:

neil

Thats looks mint!

I read the bit about "matt bonnet" and thought..... urrrhghhh!

But it matches the rest of the stickers fantastic!

That looks amazing mate! I bet you are well pleased! Looks like they did a great job on the bonnet! Certainly makes that car unique and it will really stand out! Its making me want to do mine now!

It all works really well with the skirts and spoiler as they are matt-carbon effect.

Where is the company that did the wrap based? I was thinking of getting the recaro backs done as I have a couple of scuffs on them.

Last edited:
! Looks like they did a great job on the bonnet! Certainly makes that car unique and it will really stand out! Its making me want to do mine now!

there aint no "they" mate did it myself!! :smiley::smiley:

isnt that great up close if im honest one side has a fair few bits on dust under the vinyl so i wasnt happy with that!

place i was gonna use is called mini pirate btw

that looks absolutely stunning mate,

its got to be the best looking LY ive seen, even with the side skirts which i aint keen on. :wink:

Nah, sorry bud. Like you say it isnt for everyone, and it certainly isnt for me that.

I just dont think the 197 can pull off the carbon bonnet. Maybe because it shows up the lunch box size of the thing?..

Anyway, it must have took a fair bit of patience that mate!

that looks absolutely stunning mate,

its got to be the best looking LY ive seen, even with the side skirts which i aint keen on. :wink:

Nah, sorry bud. Like you say it isnt for everyone, and it certainly isnt for me that.

I just dont think the 197 can pull off the carbon bonnet. Maybe because it shows up the lunch box size of the thing?..

Anyway, it must have took a fair bit of patience that mate!

cheers chappo :thumbup:

mcphee lets just say the bonnet is kind of a tester thing gives me an idea of what it would look like rather than blowing £400 on the real thing then not liking it!

and yes took loads of patience and gets very frustrating!

I do like the bonnet and can even cope with the F1-Vinyl-Set, but Skirts and the enormous Cup-Spoiler are an absolute no-go-area for me personally.

Renault had it done all wrong with the Kit. My Opinion. As it turned out, Optical Improvements are more of a secondary thing for me tbh.

Going for some coilover Suspension anytime soon? :smile:

I do like the bonnet and can even cope with the F1-Vinyl-Set, but Skirts and the enormous Cup-Spoiler are an absolute no-go-area for me personally.

Renault had it done all wrong with the Kit. My Opinion. As it turned out, Optical Improvements are more of a secondary thing for me tbh.

Going for some coilover Suspension anytime soon? :smile:

fair points

but i think theres not much that can be done performance wise with the 197 so the money is best spent on the looks! look at kevo66 spent a fair amount of dollars and gains 18bhp or something to that extent doesnt add up for me

coilovers i would love but trying to leave the car standardish hopefully will hold its value better and be easier to sell should that time ever arise

love love love it allllll EXCEPT... don't think the bonnet looks good atalllll... imho anyway

the bonnet looks good, i think the roof stickers help it out.

Nice looking wheels too, are they TSW?

cheers for the comments

pez thats great think about vinyl it can always come off :thumbup:

Mark the wheels are Team Dynamic Motorsport's think theyve been discontinued tho thats why i got them cheap on the bay of E!

what do we think

crap Photoshop but hmmm me like lol

R27R.jpg

Good god no mate! this thought briefly crossed my mind but i quickly put it out again after i did a quick photoshop of it! Good effort on doing the bonnet yourself, sorry for taking the credit away lol!

Stick with the dark wheels, they suit the car much better!

Bonnet looks quite decent actually, fair play for doing it yourself! How much did the vinyl cost?

Spoiler is not to my taste, I prefer the subtle ones, although it does kinda go with the whole look of your car.

Not thought about the front splitter too?

Good god no mate! this thought briefly crossed my mind but i quickly put it out again after i did a quick photoshop of it! Good effort on doing the bonnet yourself, sorry for taking the credit away lol!

Stick with the dark wheels, they suit the car much better!

Bonnet looks quite decent actually, fair play for doing it yourself! How much did the vinyl cost?

Spoiler is not to my taste, I prefer the subtle ones, although it does kinda go with the whole look of your car.

Not thought about the front splitter too?

haha ye maybe for dedicated track wheels not for everyday lol

vinyl cost me £55 tis very similar stuff to the 3M DI-NOC everyone raves about but just from a different supplier, its really cracking stuff easy to work and shape.

and the splitter is a big No No from me, the skirts and spoiler aint exactly amazing but the splitter is just horrid i wont be spending 200 notes on one!

The carbon bonnet, LY, cup spoiler, full decals looks great mate! Good job on doing the bonnet yourself even if isnt perfect like you said, it will save you come cash until you decide.

Not a fan of the skirts (never have been, i like the design, just don't think they fit that well. And not a fan of the wheels..

Btw your drivers front tyre, is it just me or does it look a little flat?

haha ye maybe for dedicated track wheels not for everyday lol

Lol yeah, maybe... Only for 24hr races - then only during the night stint - then only if its really foggy!!! But hey thats just me lol!

I wouldn't change it again just yet i think it could look 'too much.' The current alloys go really well with the bonnet.