Radio interference when lights turned on?

Recently fitted a HID to the 197. I've got the standard 6cd changer. The radio works fine when the lights are off or with the sidelights/on-off. When the main/full beam are turned on I get no radio signal. It completely cuts out the second I put the lights on. Anyone had this after installing a HID kit? Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Was the kit a bit on the cheap side?

Maybe try moving the ballasts see if that has any effect, no experience myself sadly. Just sounds like bad shielding or positioning.

It's a Kit from HIDDirect so it's good quality. One ballast fitted nicely behind the headlight but on the drivers side had to fit it just under the bonnet as positioning was tricky. Just hope I don't have to take the bumper off again lol

I had the same. Kit was £140 so half decent.

People didn't listen when I said about it.

Couldn't get it to stop so eventually ripped them out and binned them..

It's not uncommon it seems.

I'm not really sure if it works as an RF shield but have you got any tin foil laying about? Might be worth trying to cover the ballasts (obviously not touching any bare wires!! ) and see if that makes any difference to it.

Cheers guys worth a try with the foil I guess. Tried moving them around the bonnet but that made no difference. Looks like a good excuse to buy a decent head unit with Bluetooth!