Radio interference with HID kit

Anybody had the same problem? Lights off and i receive all stations, lights on and i lose any 104-108 stations. Means i cant listen to kiss in the dark haha.

Ive read its because the hids run off the loom rather than having a direct feed from the battery...is this true? Ebay have relay kits to do the job but im wondering if anyone has had to do the same?

Kit from HID4U like most of you guys...

Funny you should say that, ive got the same problem, brought the best Hids from hids 4 u the 55 w pro max 1's costing like £112.95 and trying to listen to galaxy ( capital) is near impossible, Brmb i can get sort of. I emailed the conpany and they replied the following.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your email. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some radio interference, this should not happen with our kits as they are digital. One solution to this issue which proves very effective is to wrap the ballasts in aluminium tape or foil to insulate them further. One other solution is to reorientate the ballasts so they are positioned differently, sometimes this is enough to stop it happening. I would recommend giving this a try to see if it solves the issue for you.

Its a proper pain i did a really good job fitting them etc taking the bumper off mounting the ballasts to some plastic trim behind the bumper etc all just to have problems.

Relating to the post by you, the kit you bought, the ballast are not running the latest "can-bus" tech they are running the standard software.

You need to look for - new can-bus ballasts :smile:

Why would you need canbus ballasts when your car doesnt have canbus wiring?

After trawling through the net it seems they require a direct battery feed and to run from a relay to solve the problems.

Well iv sold Hids for 3 years and had both in the twingo. Fitting new canbus solved the problem. Only going on experience :smile:

so people dont recommend me wrapping the ballasts in aluminium tape or foil to insulate them, in a ideal world i only want to take the front bumper off once more to try and solve this problem, i have seen on other forums about wrapping them.

martin

so people dont recommend me wrapping the ballasts in aluminium tape or foil to insulate them, in a ideal world i only want to take the front bumper off once more to try and solve this problem, i have seen on other forums about wrapping them.

martin

Nope i tried it with a HID4U kit, didnt work. They are just poor quality. I tried everything, repositioning wrapping them in foil/silver tape, ferrite clamps, even 'upgraded' the ballasts, still did it. Change makes for ones that are proven

Nope i tried it with a HID4U kit, didnt work. They are just poor quality. I tried everything, repositioning wrapping them in foil/silver tape, ferrite clamps, even 'upgraded' the ballasts, still did it. Change makes for ones that are proven

hey thanks alot for that reply mate was going to take bumper off tomorrow and try but not now, so are you still running the hid4u hids or you changed them for 1's which work better

i was told the hid4u 1's were good quality as there like £120 and you can buy the same on ebay for 40 odd

Can you offer any more advise please

So what are "proven" ones. when asking on here all the answers that came back was for this kit from hid4u.

Don't have them in my current 197 as I don't have projectors, and with all the hassle I had with hids won't touch them again.....

Proven ones...? Well ones that work on clios. Mate bought an eBay special set for £60 and they were fine. I was miffed as the hid4u kit was supposed to be of a better quality. I just binned them in the end

hmm just been reading all 6 pages looks like i need this wire harness< Only problem is the 2 links for ebay for this wire harness dont work so still dont really know what to order to fiz the problem

Thank Martin.

Just search relay harness hid. There's a few all under a tenner all with the correct plugs so It's plug and play. I've got one on the way. Hopefully fit next weekend if i can be bothered....damn bumper removal

Right I emailed 1 of the company's selling the wiring looms telling him about my problems etc he replied the following

Hi I would send the kits back the ballasts are a very bad quality and not insulated well

You need to buy a proper kit that will also not be waterproof as they have saved themselves money on postage by not filling the inside of the ballast with rubber

The harness will not solve it