Rear boot spoiler

Hi. I am interested in buying a spoiler and I quite like the smaller boot spoilers.

click; http://www.atbodykits.com/content/renault-clio-mk3-rear-boot-spoiler

Has anyone fitted one of these before? If so, is the fitting easy?

I'll have it sprayed at a local body shop Albi Blue.

Has anyone got a photo of their car with this type of spoiler?

I think £50 is decent-ish for this item...Is there any where you reccomend to grab something cheaper?

Cheers everyone!

Mine was from Renault though, genuine part. If I were you, I'd pay the £40 odd more and get a genuine one with fitting instructions and you KNOW is going to fit. Contact Karl on here in the 'ASK KARL' section. Renault Clio Sport Spoiler aka Dynamique.

Mine was from Renault though, genuine part. If I were you, I'd pay the £40 odd more and get a genuine one with fitting instructions and you KNOW is going to fit. Contact Karl on here in the 'ASK KARL' section. Renault Clio Sport Spoiler aka Dynamique.

Grand! cheers mate. I'll do this now. :tongueout:roud:

Great service from Karl - i ordered a cup spoiler mid morning on monday and it was delivered today - paint+ fit put off till next thursday

Hello mate, I have one of these spoilers but haven't fitted it to the car yet. I bought it from someone who had it on his mk3 clio (non sport) and he had no problems with it.
Only thing I'd say is how would you go about attaching it? Only way I can think of is tiger seal it which I'm a bit iffy about.
I'll go put it against the car in a moment to make sure its a good fit...

That looks slightly different to the Renault one. The tailgate on the mk 3 Clio is the same across the range, other than cars fitted with a GT spoiler, which has a different tailgate. So as long as it fits the standard Clio, it should fit your 197. The Renault spoiler comes with a fixing kit, but does need the tailgate drilling, so make sure you are sure.

Thanks guys for the comments. Yeah, I reckon going genuine is the way forward to avoid disappointment.

I'll ask Karl. :smile:

Hello mate, I have one of these spoilers but haven't fitted it to the car yet. I bought it from someone who had it on his mk3 clio (non sport) and he had no problems with it.
Only thing I'd say is how would you go about attaching it? Only way I can think of is tiger seal it which I'm a bit iffy about.
I'll go put it against the car in a moment to make sure its a good fit...

It looks to have a hole drilled either side which my Cup 1 which i got today also has. I guess drill a hole either side of the tailgate to fix the spoiler but add some tigerseal/ stikoflex as an extra measure

It looks to have a hole drilled either side which my Cup 1 which i got today also has. I guess drill a hole either side of the tailgate to fix the spoiler but add some tigerseal/ stikoflex as an extra measure

So, you align the spoiler are the rear and drill holes into the car tailgate...then fix it with screws or something?... shurely it will look tatty and bodged?...

The screws are screwed from underneath the tailgate, through the tailgate metal and into the bottom of the spoiler.

2010-11-04121335.jpg