Removing a 197 Dashboard Top?

I have searched for a guide but most results explain removing the clock, speaker tweeters or a MK2 dash. Any advise available? Thanks

Clock surround is easy. Get a plastic spatula from your kitchen and work around the edges until it pops out.

Tweeters on the dash have a small little dent you should be able to get a flat head in and pop out.

I assume the dash is constructed in the same manor as the earlier 172/182's, where the main dash construction stays in place, and the upper half of the complete dashboard is removable?

Kelv do you want to completely remove the whole dash or certain pop in/out parts e.g the clock surround, vents.

The section I need removing is the whole top part of the dash. Covering the speedo, passenger airbag and clock efc.

im not worried about removing small parts, ideally I want to be able to remove the full thing, cut it to fit around a cage, and then give it to a mate to have flocked.
I just assumed the upper half was removable like the earlier model clio's.

no mate, I haven't touched it, the car hasn't moved in 3 months and is slowly going mouldy inside as I cant get on with the car so ive given up wasting effort on it.

To answer the original question no, the dash top doesn't come off like a Mk1/2 and the dash is more of a single piece now.

Glove box off, center console face off then remove the drivers lower section, steering column surround and equipment off, undo a few bolts and boom... The lot comes away.