Removing Cup spoiler

N0ddie

Platinum Member
I'm going through that phase again unfortunately for me.

I go through it more so now than ever. Gonna get shot of the Cup spoiler. Obviously this'll leave me with 4 bolt holes.

Anyone removed one of these before? How did you fill the holes?

I'm going through that phase again unfortunately for me.

I go through it more so now than ever. Gonna get shot of the Cup spoiler. Obviously this'll leave me with 4 bolt holes.

Anyone removed one of these before? How did you fill the holes?

I used to have a cup spoiler on my old r27 ,replaced it the k-tec sprint
spoiler just bonded the top bit on ,and used two small screws in the holes already drilled to hold the back of it on .

Or I was told that sport spoiler from renault bolts on to the same holes
as the cup spoiler.

There have been a few that have done this mate can't remember who though:worried:

I used to have a cup spoiler on my old r27 ,replaced it the k-tec sprint
spoiler just bonded the top bit on ,and used two small screws in the holes already drilled to hold the back of it on .

Or I was told that sport spoiler from renault bolts on to the same holes
as the cup spoiler.

I was thinking about the K-Tec spoiler tbh. Though I do like the naked lool.

Sport spoiler aint for me tbh.

I'm thinking of reoving it and getting the place that vinyl'd my roof and top of tailgate to just put another layer of vinyl on the top of the tailgate as this'll hide.seal the holes.

I was thinking about the K-Tec spoiler tbh. Though I do like the naked lool.

Sport spoiler aint for me tbh.

I'm thinking of reoving it and getting the place that vinyl'd my roof and top of tailgate to just put another layer of vinyl on the top of the tailgate as this'll hide.seal the holes.

I'd still fill the holes and not just vinyl over them :-0

I want to swap mine for the sprint spoiler I think :-0

Good choice Noddie. There was an AG tailgate on eBay not so long back. Might be worth a look, then sell yours complete with cup spoiler. Someone on here might want to swap you also.

What's the reasoning taking the spoiler off ? Wife thinks it doesn't look finished off unless it has a spoiler of some sort.

Good choice Noddie. There was an AG tailgate on eBay not so long back. Might be worth a look, then sell yours complete with cup spoiler. Someone on here might want to swap you also.

Its still up but its the tailgate for the GT spoiler so I'd have to buy a GT spoiler, get it painted fitted etc.

Too much hassle.

What's the reasoning taking the spoiler off ? Wife thinks it doesn't look finished off unless it has a spoiler of some sort.

Its just a phase I keep going through tbh.

Fancy a change.

Ok, I'm not that keen on it really but Kelly loved the look of it, it has grown on me I just drive it with the seat really low locally :oops:

fair play for taking it off - bet there's not many people gone that way. I'm looking at fitting one - although the drilling of holes in an 18k car is worrying me...

As for the holes...professional way would be to treat any bare metal, fill, re-paint. It is possible for a good bodyshop to blow paint just on this part witrhout having to repaint the whole tailgate - even if metallic (they spray to the nearest curve and blend in)

It's either that or cover them with all the options you have thought about..(eg spoiler, vinyl, etc)

Its still up but its the tailgate for the GT spoiler so I'd have to buy a GT spoiler, get it painted fitted etc.

Too much hassle.

Ah right. Still worth a punt putting a thread on here 'Swap my AG tailgate with Cup spoiler for your AG without'.

Good to see someone that keeps posting get the cup spoiler finally realising the error of their chavviness....

Good to see someone that keeps posting get the cup spoiler finally realising the error of their chavviness....

Lol. Like I've said before. I think the car looks really good with the cup spoiler. It, imo, just looks better without.