RIP Paul Walker

udapa3ad.jpg

This was taken moments before the crash, look how happy he seems. Lesson for every one be careful out there you just never no.

Right I'll probably get shot down for this but who cares...

I find it quite sad that Facebook and social media is a frenzy this morning over this. People are changing their profile pictures and posting like they knew him personally. Out of the hundreds of posts I've seen only one mentions of the sad loss of the driver as if to everyone else his life is worth nothing.

Its sad that there is hardly any mention of the 8 people who tragically lost their lives and the many many more that have life changing injuries only the other day in the helicopter crash in Glasgow.

Whats this world coming to when people place more emphasis on fame than events closer to home.

Rant over

I find it quite sad that Facebook and social media is a frenzy this morning over this. People are changing their profile pictures and posting like they knew him personally. Out of the hundreds of posts I've seen only one mentions of the sad loss of the driver as if to everyone else his life is worth nothing.

Its sad that there is hardly any mention of the 8 people who tragically lost their lives and the many many more that have life changing injuries only the other day in the helicopter crash in Glasgow.

Whats this world coming to when people place more emphasis on fame than events closer to home.

Rant over

I totally agree with you.

My Facebook wall is completely awash with photos fof this guy. YES it is a tragedy, but like you said, what about the people in Glasgow who seem to have been forgotten.

Totally agree Angel!

Rant over

Because no one knows the driver. People die every day, tragically, but these people aren't admired and looked up too. There are people in the world who idolise Paul Walker and that's why there's so much attention around it. He's a mega star...like that fact or not. Your life (and death) is front page news. Part and parcel of being famous.

Take nothing away from the guy though a great loss of life, have loved the fast and furious franchise since I was at school dreaming about orange Supras with over the top body kits.

Because no one knows the driver. People die every day, tragically, but these people aren't admired and looked up too. There are people in the world who idolise Paul Walker and that's why there's so much attention around it. He's a mega star...like that fact or not. Your life (and death) is front page news. Part and parcel of being famous.

Totally agree, people can relate to Paul Walker, the whole point of acting is to feel connected to the characters. But take nothing away from the Glasgow tragedy.

Sad news two tragic accidents opposite sides of the ocean in one weekend. Makes you think how precious life is. Thoughts go out to all those connected. Two families who's kids will be without a dad at Xmas with the crash in LA, I haven't really heard much about the helicopter crash but will be families looking at Xmas presents they have bought for loved ones who will never get to see them. Sad times at such a happy time of the year. Always makes me think of the empty chair in so many houses come Christmas Day for a loved one no longer there :worried:

Rant over
You are being a bit unfair, Senna, Hunt, Sheene, Dunlop, Simmoncelli all gone before their time and equally sad.
Were the thousands of people that turned up to their funerals wrong?
In a way one could argue that you yourself owe him a nod of gratitude.
If it wasn't for his fast and furious films there may have been many a young person watching that and as a direct result thought.
"I quite fancy this moding scene I might have a go at that"
Then gone out and bought something possibly from you to bolt onto his car
As has already been said the life he led meant that no matter what happens he would allways hit the headlines when he died.
Lewis Collins was in the papers when he passed and he hadn't done anything since the 80's

You are being a bit unfair, Senna, Hunt, Sheene, Dunlop, Simmoncelli all gone before their time and equally sad.
Were the thousands of people that turned up to their funerals wrong?
In a way one could argue that you yourself owe him a nod of gratitude.
If it wasn't for his fast and furious films there may have been many a young person watching that and as a direct result thought.
"I quite fancy this moding scene I might have a go at that"
Then gone out and bought something possibly from you to bolt onto his car
As has already been said the life he led meant that no matter what happens he would allways hit the headlines when he died.
Lewis Collins was in the papers when he passed and he hadn't done anything since the 80's

I'm not being unfair at all, if you actualy read my post you would realise that I was voicing an observation that our society is media obsessed which means we place more importance on the passing of a film star than we do of either the driver in the same accident or the people that lost their lives in the helicopter tragedy. That I'm afraid is a sad fact of the world we live in.

I'm also not sure where you get the basis for your suggestion that I could possibly even think that those paying their respects at the aforementined funerals as wrong!!!

Yes its sad that he has lost his life, yes I watched his films and maybe one or two of my customers were inspired by him but that doesn't mean to say I have to jump on the bandwagon, massage my ego and profess all on Facebook.

Last edited:
My Facebook wall was plastered with things when the incident in Glasgow occurred. Same as it was this morning. Feels like Jeremy Kyle, talking about stuff said on facebook :s

its like any well known actor or sportsman that pegs it.....

as for facebook :argue:

Felt really sad reading about this earlier, I love the fast and furious films and they just won't be the same without him. I did read though that his last post on twitter was asking if people were ready for fast and furious 7, hopefully it's already finished so we can have one last film from this great actor :smile:

Both incidents are extremely sad.

Not going to get into a debate as to which is sadder or which should be shown more attention because at the end of the day lives have been lost and no life is worth more than another.

Good day to you all.