RS Gearknob on Ebay?

Quite easy mate. Pull off the original gearknob ( It does require a bit of a tug, I managed to whack myself in the face doing it and lets say it hurt a bit haha )

Then you will have to either file/dremel the three little bits on it down so that you can actually get the metal collar down enough so that you can't see it.

What I ended up doing instead was practically take all the rubber/plastic bit that is underneath off so that the three securing screws were actually gripping onto the bar metal itself. So much more secure and only took 10-15mins of careful dremel'ing.

Last edited:
Yep, mine is starting to chip also on the lacquer, and the aluminium is looking a bit dull, will try some metal polish though.

I got mine today, took some photos of how to mod and fit it for those that need them. Worrying to hear about the lacquer though! Are you guys going to go back to the seller with this problem?

Looks the nuts but probably not so if the lacquer cracks!

Same here clear coat started going sanded bck dwn and clear coated again and has started doing it a month later so ive gave up and left it

Thing is, that's an item on the car that will always have a resale value. Might be a bit initial outlay but you would sell that for £50 again if you wanted to get rid of it.

Does anyone have the fitting instructions for these?

You don't need it mate..

Pull old one off (a bit of force needed)

Unscrew the top of the knob. Little allen key and unwind the little screws so you can get new sleeve on. Position accordingly and tighten up equally on all 3 sides. Screw knob back on.