Running in period?

As other have said the 600 mile thing it about bedding in the whole car not just the engine. I dont think it makes that much difference which way you bed it in. Ours was done to the book and produced 1bhp less than a press car at a recent rolling road day, speaks for itself imo.

Engines are produced far, far better than they used to be. Years ago cars had to be run in as there were bits of the engine that had to wear into the correct shape. This doens't happend anymore, engines are made accurately :smile:

Just make sure the engine is upto full working temp before giving it some :smile:

Oh and despite the book suggesting otherwise, I still got the oil changed early on. About 2k I think. It wasn't clean looking so IMO it's still worth doing regularly

Oh and despite the book suggesting otherwise, I still got the oil changed early on. About 2k I think. It wasn't clean looking so IMO it's still worth doing regularly

Very very worth it! Personally after what ive seen today i wouldnt dare let this engine run to 12k on the same oil.

My first change was 1.5k and the oil was dirty but looked reasonable, obviously it wasnt that old, just good to get any fillings out from the piston rings that early.

Today ive done my "6k" change (so the cars done a further 4.5k) and its black! Not started to sludge but its definately black!

Of course it means the engines bedding in nicely, but very important to keep it fresh so it does it with minimum effort for maximum gain.

Removed oil...

EXP_20100627_489.jpg

oh ok! It's gone really cloudy and started raining here in Wolves, that's why I said it might be! Lol! Don't know the exact temp but it has dropped a bit now.

I know what your saying though, i always notice my cars reaction to the temp/weather, but today is horrible and muggy and i hoofed it down the bypass and it just felt excellent, and stormed through the revs even with the aircon in full swing.