saris bike rack

hello, im picking up my new r27 next week :clap:

sorry if this has been asked, Iv'e been looking at the saris bones 2 bike rack and was hoping someone may have some experience of this rack. My clio does not have a spoiler so that side of things isnt a problem

I cant be bothered with the whole roof mounting even tho lots of people seem to prefer it.

they seem to be very popular and well reviewed on the saris site

Never used one on a Clio, but they are known as one of the best bike racks.

I see no reason why it won't work.

I use a roof rack for my bike(s), but its a pain removing it all the time, so it generally stays on, which I hate!!! Lol

Never used one on a Clio, but they are known as one of the best bike racks.

I see no reason why it won't work.

I use a roof rack for my bike(s), but its a pain removing it all the time, so it generally stays on, which I hate!!! Lol

On the bright side Mat in some scenes a roof rack is considered a mod.. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness tho, which one do you use? Us cup spoiler owners don't have the option of using a boot mounted rack.

I've run a boot fitted bike rack, not the one you are looking at but an old one just slotted into roof gap between boot and roof, and hooked on bottom of boot between bumper, never had any trouble with it, just used to take front wheel out and tied bars up as they were close to the roof, but depends on what bike you are putting on there

I had a Saris Bones on my old car (VW Bora) and they are the best of its type out there but I would give you one word of advice. The bottom of the rack sits on the bumper and if you have a lot of weight on the rack, the pressure on the bumper can crack the paint.

thanks,
Does the rack have to sit on the bumper? also can you place anything inbetween the 'feet' of the rack and the car ie, summit like rubber pads to help with the effects on the paintwork?

The feet will mark the paint. They are rubberised to start with so I doubt putting rubber pads inbetween the rack and the bodywork will help. Some people use Heli Tape cut into patches placed where the feet will sit.

Similar Thread Suggestions