Second thoughts about buying a 200 cup

Second time I've read this post, and still can't get this moment from Star Wars out of my head.

Attachments

• darth_vader_nooo.jpg
    darth_vader_nooo.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 21
My main concern wouldnt be whether i want a 200 or not it would be is it worth not spending that little bit more and getting the full fat version?

Id be majorly disappointed if id have gone for the cup i was initially looking at because it was cheaper, you lose so much in the cup compared to the ff (air con, electric mirrors, keyless entry yada yada)....in the end i went for full fat with lots of options lmao. Talk about biting the bullet?!

thats far cheaper than the quotes i had when looking at getting a cup, i had it specced as recaros and white thats it and came in at 16995 with all the dealers. I have since changed my mind though after seeing the interior as i like a chunky steering wheel and will be ordering a FF with cup chassis and recaros tho this is again a lot more money the cheapest i can get is 7% off list :smile:

Good man! I was exactly the same and I'm glad I went for the Ff one rather than the cheaper version!

Needless to say I ended up with liquid yellow, Bluetooth, cornering lights, cup chassis, cup spoiler,recaros lol! came to 19k in 0% over 4 years, which I didn't think was bad considering the spec list. The quotes for the cup wasn't too far behind!

You'll love it mate, had mine 3 weeks and cant stop smiling.

Just for information,

I bought a 200 Cup in November 2010. The only option I specced was satin speedlines and the price came out at £13600, which I didnt think was bad.

Interestingly, the car came into the country for £10k....the rest is tax!

I specced a 200 cup for order (recaros, white, aircon, speedlines) at the price of £16,554 paid deposit however since going through these forums I'm starting to think maybe I should wait for better deals. Mostly what's given me second thoughts is people's trade in values (I only keep cars for 1-2 years), perrys selling the same car a year ago for just under £14,300 cash or finance, the cheap £200 finance deals etc. Is it possible that with sterling appreciating against the euro and fuel prices seeing further rises, the next quarter will bring more reasonable deals in line with those of the past?

That's dear mate. I paid £13,800 brand new with a couple of options. Have just traded in for a Mazda 3 MPS and it's as good as new with just 7,500 miles and less than £12.5k. Seats are pants granted but it's got £1000 OZ's and I'm sure from the money you save, you can get some decent Recaros.

http://www.oakmeremotorgroup.co.uk/mazda/used-cars/view/518510/Renault-CLIO-2.0-RenaultSport

Best of luck.

i was going to have the cup version before i wanted the ff, this was because i wanted the lighter 36kg less but reading many threads about this and the loss of equipment i couldnt do it. forget about the extras you get with ff. is it even worth saving £1000 for 36kg? surley taking rear seat bench out of ff would get close to a cup clio?

i was going to have the cup version before i wanted the ff, this was because i wanted the lighter 36kg less but reading many threads about this and the loss of equipment i couldnt do it. forget about the extras you get with ff. is it even worth saving £1000 for 36kg? surley taking rear seat bench out of ff would get close to a cup clio?

Certainly by removing all of the standard seats and fitting some carbon fiber racing seats you could get close to a 36kg weight saving....but the car weights 1200kg anyway......is it really going to make a difference?

i put a deposit down on a brand new cup when lookers had that 2 year £200 a month deal...... i went for a basic cup with no optional extra's..... and that was a cracking deal at teh time,

i backed out as i was unsure about parting with that much cash...... i was so certain thats what i wanted, but when the time came i cudnt justify it, i still wnat a white 200 cup............ but i dont want the 16'G bill that goes with it,

i went for a low mileage but OLDER 197 instead

lets face it, we would all liek a brand brand new car...... but thats just 'want' and not 'need',

always plenty of bargains out there

i put a deposit down on a brand new cup when lookers had that 2 year £200 a month deal...... i went for a basic cup with no optional extra's..... and that was a cracking deal at teh time,

i backed out as i was unsure about parting with that much cash...... i was so certain thats what i wanted, but when the time came i cudnt justify it, i still wnat a white 200 cup............ but i dont want the 16'G bill that goes with it,

lets face it, we would all liek a brand brand new car...... but thats just 'want' and not 'need',

Out of interest, what did you pay for the 197?

Considering bank loans are about 12.9% at the moment, and Renault offered me 3.9% on a new 200, you can't afford NOT to buy new, unless you have the money sat in your account anyway.

Besides, do any of us "need" a Renault hot hatch? I doubt it, we all "want" one. A £500 old Nissan would do get you from A-B just the same, just not as fast.

You never actually end up paying £16k on a PCP deal anyway, unless you pay the balloon payment at the end of the term.

The deal was cracking that lookers did. £1k down. £200 p/m for 24 months. Total paid = £5800. If you gave the car back at the end, then you had immense fun for less than the depreciation.

Plus that's the worst case senario.

Stripping it of its nice bits, such as Recaros and wheels and trading it in anywhere else for the settlement figure can leave you quids in.

^ I agree - when comparing a new 200 against a very low mileage >1 yr old car it wasn't worth having soiled goods, especially as I wanted a particular colour/option combo.

Rich