Selecting 1st gear

Iv noticed that when I start from cold e.g like after leaving it over night, the first time I select 1st gear it's always a bit difficult, is this normal? After the first time is easy to do it

This happens to everyone I think Luke, Ideally you should be letting it warm up before hand before driving but yes mine is also like that sometimes.

I rarely drive mine on cold mornings, but when I do I find engaging and disengaging the clutch lets you pop it in first easily.

Yeah get this most cold starts. Just have to let it warm up a bit then it will go in..... *Thats what she said*

first gear was pretty good in my car to select from cold, now I've changed the gearbox oil its actually harder to select and reverse was almost impossible this morning. bloody french car! ha

first gear was pretty good in my car to select from cold, now I've changed the gearbox oil its actually harder to select and reverse was almost impossible this morning. bloody french car! ha

Out of interest which oil did you use? I changed to Fuchs and mine was worse after a couple of weeks so I went back to Renault oil and it is better.