Service Indicator and Warranty!

So, get in my car to come home tonight and I get the message service due on the dash, although yesterday i had about 2,500 miles till a service?? Is it normal for the car to get to a certain point before displaying this message or should it be as the miles run out?

Bought the car on 5k miles and they serviced it for me, its now on 13k so it seems a little too soon to me?

Also, do I need to have it serviced at a Renault dealer to keep my warranty valid, or does it not matter?

Cheers!

That is normal mate. It comes on a bit early for all those people who leave it until the last minute!

With regards to warranty, having it serviced outside of Renault shouldn't invalidate it. However whilst your vehicle is in its warranty period I would recommend using Renault!

Ahh thats ok then - thought it was throwing a wobbler! Thanks mate :thumbup:

Best get saving the pennies in that case....

you can get it serviced else where but you must use renault parts and make sure they use the correct oil, and a bloke with a diesel scenic that had snapped a cambelt, due to a failed pulley, he had his car service at another garage that used renault parts but used the wrong grade of oil, this resulted with the bloke payin a nice bill of around £1500 not good

you can get it serviced else where but you must use renault parts and make sure they use the correct oil, and a bloke with a diesel scenic that had snapped a cambelt, due to a failed pulley, he had his car service at another garage that used renault parts but used the wrong grade of oil, this resulted with the bloke payin a nice bill of around £1500 not good

since when does oil grade effect a cam belt pulley - i wouldnt have stood for that bull s..t total abuse of block exemption rules there and i would be fighting that in court :swear: