Shrick or Catcam

Fernandez

Gold Member
Just as the title says really, do I choose Shrick or Catcams, both seem very good and both have good reports on here but whats the real difference?

Catcam all the way mate, more variations and i think theyv been doing clio cams for longer.

the blanks are both made in the same factory, just ground to different profiles respectively. Cat give a lot more information too, so choosing the best available profile for your engine is easier

Sounds like catcam is getting the early vote. I have noticed that catcams are noticably cheaper, been quoted £850 for the cat cams. That would include fitting as they were included in a quote for rebuild with some forged pistons and a host other mods. I'll put full details up in a bit see what you all think, writing this on the phone so bit tricky at mo.

catcams for the F4R 830 are £814.80

Good time to fit some if you're doing a forged rebuild as obviously there's mo extra work involved to fit them than there is to refit the originals

Pretty sure schrick are the highest profile you can put in with out upgrading other bits for cat cams 401's for example. Think woody runs 403's and my schricks are slightly higher. Both good tho to be honest. Just have a look at all variants and see what u want from your engine. I'm more than happy with my schricks. Heard the 402's are a bit tame.

I dunno where you got £850 with fitting, i paid that for just the items.

Soz, didnt explain very well, £850 was the price quoted to purchase the cams, the whole job was quoted at around 4k, as soon as I can get on my laptop I'll post the quote to see what you all think.

4k for fitting cams? thats ludicrous. £1100 - £1300 to get cams fitted and set up properly with a live map.

I have 402's and they are fantastic

yes my idle is around 1200 but it hardly gets driven these days. sorry for the confusion.

4k for fitting cams? thats ludicrous. £1100 - £1300 to get cams fitted and set up properly with a live map.

I have 402's and they are fantastic

he said they're getting fitted for no extra charge during a rebuild that he's spending £4k on, not that the fitting was costing that

maybe not the place to ask, but whats does the number mean? 401,402 and 403? whats the difference?

It's what performance they give,

It goes 402, 403 then 401 which is the fastest but these are race cams. Schricks profile are between 403 and 401