Shrick or Catcam

The following is the quote and recomended build I received from a company called 'engine dynamics'

Engine Build - £1599.00**(does not include removal and fitment)
Forged Piston Set (High Comp pistons)
Hydraulic Cam Follower set (16)
ARP Con rod bolts
Bottom End Gasket / Seal set
Crank Main Bearings
Crank Big End Bearings
Crank Thrust Washers
Cam belt & Tensioners
Cylinder Head refurbishment with Valves lapped
MLS head gasket set (With head bolts)
Water pump
Spark Plugs
Labour, Paint, Chemical Cleaning & Sundries*

Catcams and cam timing – £ 850.00*

Removal and fitment of engine - £ 650.00 (Includes all fluids and sundries)

Custom ECU map – £ 350.00

They would fit matched inlets if I provided them at no extra cost.

Be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on the above.

Would love some cams....just worried its a step too far. £1300 is a load of doh for 15bhp. Especially as I got 7bhp (without a remap) from V6 airbox, exhaust and matched inlets...all of which cost me £400(!)

Would love some cams....just worried its a step too far. £1300 is a load of doh for 15bhp. Especially as I got 7bhp (without a remap) from V6 airbox, exhaust and matched inlets...all of which cost me £400(!)

its more the way its drives with the cams i think, so much stronger and revs higher. Wasnt all about the peak power for me. Really does charge through the gears.

must of read the 401's wrong. Thanks for correcting me :wink:

Hi guys,

Have been wondering around for cams too. Seems that Catcams also have a Belgian division. Attached a screen shot from their website. Now I'm just a rookie towards car mechanics but IMO the 401's don't look standard to me...

PS:
1. What about Pipercams? Any experiences? Couldn't find anything for the Clio III RS on their site.
2. The types of cams that have been discussed in this thread mention the F4R-830 engine; which is the Clio 197. Do the same apply on the F4R-832 (Clio 200). I'm uncertain of the differences between both engines...

Greetings from over the North Sea, where it's raining cats&dogs :worried:

Attachments

• Catcams.jpg
    Catcams.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 50
Yeah thats what i thought the 401's where!! So how are they standard danny?

The cams will also be the same for 197/200 mate :smile:

Last edited:
I want cams for the 200 however will need to wait a year or 2. Hopefully by that time more people will have "tested" them and have more opinions etc to go on.

Though threads like this make me want them now lol.

I want cams for the 200 however will need to wait a year or 2. Hopefully by that time more people will have "tested" them and have more opinions etc to go on.

Though threads like this make me want them now lol.

Someone needs to take the plunge Noddie! Cough cough...

For interest...how much extra mid range grunt did u guys get with the cams?

But they have a higher duration than the 402's and 403's? Are they not more powerful then? Bit confused lol

Now im getting really lost in all these figures and different cams, I just want my car to have more grunt, more noise and more BHP, I figure cams, inlets and forging is the way to go.

There are a few other mods I am working on, brakes etc, to compliment but when it comes to the engine although Im happy to spend the kids inheritance, I dont want to throw money down the drain and get the wrong cam etc.

How much is your car Woody???? lol

what was like to live with mike, i mean schricks, trouble starting, cutting out, i remember you saying that the flat spot had come back and you back to jamsport, did you loose your map?

what was like to live with mike, i mean schricks, trouble starting, cutting out, i remember you saying that the flat spot had come back and you back to jamsport, did you loose your map?

I thought they were fine mate. Lumpy idle but i loved that lol!! i did have a flat spot but i was gonna take it in for a tweak as i was just trying out the map for a while to see if i thought anything needed doing...then i had the opportunity to SC a week later, so never got round to that bit lol. But i thought the performance was great, and easy to live with day to day.