smashed wing mirror

I clipped wing-mirrors with a VW Passat on the way to work this morning :worried: smashed both mine and his drivers side mirrors,
no big deal will get it repaired asap, but the motor that operates the power-fold runs from when i unlock the car to when i lock it again, i tried refitting the unit (i can't) and tried playing with the fold/adjust switch in the car but the motor just keeps on running!
the noise it makes it a bit annoying but that's not my concern, will the motor burn out if it keeps turning? i can't get it looked at til the weekend and need the car for work, is there a fuse for the powerfold that i can remove to maybe save the motor?

I don't think it would be a good idea to leave it running, they're bound to get hotter than they're designed to.

I'd try removing the fuse that controls the electric mirrors or maybe even fuse for the rear heated screen (wing mirror heaters run at the same time)

I seen one on Ebay the other day let me see if i can find the link. i'll also see if I can find the mirror fuse within my special renault book..

i consulted the handbook and there is a fuse for the electric door mirrors, so i went to the car to remove it, opened the fuse panel and there isn't a fuse in the electric door windows slot, bugger.
any ideas?

i consulted the handbook and there is a fuse for the electric door mirrors, so i went to the car to remove it, opened the fuse panel and there isn't a fuse in the electric door windows slot, bugger.
any ideas?

Did you try the one for the heated screen?

there wasn't a fuse for heated screen and the other fuses (that were present) didn't do anything either. i've had it disconnected for now but it needs a new wing-mirror if i want the power-fold to work again. are there any dealers on here who can do me a decent price on one?

The ones on eBay didn't sell, if you go on the wanted section (ly mirror covers) there's a link on there, he sold the mirror covers separately. Sorry I can't copy the link but I'm on my phone

Thanks for the info D4VPC but I have just this minute acquired the mirror from RalphyBMW as per his advert in the for sale section, turns out he only lives 10 minutes away from me so I gave him a call and collected it immediately, such good luck