Snap Crackle & Pop?

Rishi

Platinum Member
How do you get that snap crackle & pop from the exhaust?

I've only ever got it once on the ff exhaust and that was by accident, a mini cooper with an aftermarket exhaust went past me today, put its foot down & it just sounded so damn sweet!

Get a ktec exhaust and decat! The can be had 2nd hand for around £250 and the sound amazing, pops and gargles galore!!

I know someone with the rear silencer removed and that pops and cracks like a b*tch! :smile: sounds a beaut!

The problem is pops and cracks, go hand in hand with droning. So it depends what you want from your car really. If you use it daily for commuting then id leave it well alone to be honest!

If its a weekend toy that you dont intend for much 80mph cruising then go nuts, decat and aftermarket will liven things up nicely.

mine doesnt drone on motorways, it crackles and pops all the time, mine a ktec with sports cat.

cool, im gonna go with an akropovic eventually, hopefully that does the trick :wink:

Oh yes!

Akrapovic is the way forward. I have the evolution system on the 200 and it's awesome. When "giving it some" I can get pops/bangs on the 1, 2 and 3rd gear change. Tis superb.

Don't get droning with it either. It's quiet when you want it but loud when you want it noisy. Another benefit is that the Akrapovic actually makes the car faster.

Il let you nkow how much pops and cracking i get when i get my full akrapovic evo system on tonight

:smile:

Just a decat should give you all you want, crackles and pops are fuel burning in the exhaust and cats are designed to remove this fuel for the gases (hence no popping). Remove the cat and the fuel isn't removed

Does anyone happen to have a before and after when sat on the motorway? I too would be concerned that it'll drone *somewhere* around 70-80mph as the CAT will work like a silencer.

I'd love some pops and crackles though...

Rich

Just a decat should give you all you want, crackles and pops are fuel burning in the exhaust and cats are designed to remove this fuel for the gases (hence no popping). Remove the cat and the fuel isn't removed

I heard this leads to a terrible flatspot though?

I also heard with the akro evo system there's no flat spot, it's quiet when your piddling about but loud & deep when you want it to be, in other words - perfect!

Il let you nkow how much pops and cracking i get when i get my full akrapovic evo system on tonight

:smile:

Please do!

I heard this leads to a terrible flatspot though?

I also heard with the akro evo system there's no flat spot, it's quiet when your piddling about but loud & deep when you want it to be, in other words - perfect!

The akropovic system includes a decat but I've not heard of people having flat spots with it

take the back seats out you will realise the standard one does pop and burble lol

you can hear mine crack from each tail pipe which is cool lol it also makes the cool high revs note that the race cars make if you blip the throttle on downshifts :smile::smile:

take the back seats out you will realise the standard one does pop and burble lol

you can hear mine crack from each tail pipe which is cool lol it also makes the cool high revs note that the race cars make if you blip the throttle on downshifts :smile::smile:

This plus the Akrapovic is heaven. :headphone:

They do it as standard, albiet quite softly.

Or, just take the mid-silencer out. That'll make it sound naughty enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6eBarAoj8

(Don't know how to embed with the little video in the post, if anyboy can tell me how to or do it for me it'd be appreciated.)

Last edited: