Squeaky Clutch Pedal

I have a squeak noise everytime I depress the clutch pedal which is driving me mad as I cant seem to find where it is coming from, seem to have sprayed silicon spray everywhere now.

I have tried spraying it on the hinge point of the pedal and where the rod goes into the master cylinder and yet the squeak noise is still there. I have also tried checking any bolts that might be loose.

Has anyone had this issue and managed to resolve it?

Running out of ideas and I really don't want to have to take it to renault as I know they wont do anymore than whats already been tried.

I've just been outside trying to resolve the exact same issue.

I think it is air in the clutch master cylinder on mine. It only started doing it after I recently rebuilt my brake calipers. I'm just trying to figure out how to bleed it!

I was wondering the same thing, as I had my brakes bled a month ago so wondered if it could be some air in the system.

I've had it on mine since September and its stupidly annoying!
Had the brake fluid etc changed twice since it started and a host of other things tried but still no joy!
I just put up with it now.

Ok, so quick update on mine.

I've bled the clutch, seems to be air free. I've popped the arm off the clutch pedal and the pedal it's self if quiet, so it's definately the master cylinder.

There is a rubber dust cap on the inside where the rod pushes in, I've pulled that back and packed with grease. It's quieter, but not gone completely. Maybe the grease will work it's way in and stop it, but we'll see. It seems odd that its after changing the brake fluid though.

What fluid are you guys running?

squeak is from the clutch bushes, if its in warranty there is a redesigned clutch you can get.

I had this when my brake fluid was changed, lasted for a few months but has now completely gone :s

How did you bleed the clutch chris? If I blast the area where the rod enters the master cylinder with silicon spray the squeak is reduced alot for around 10mins then comes back. Very strange indeed must be a small air pocket or something causing it.

Mine squeaks too but for me it's the clutch pedal hinge/bush that's in side the car. Sprayed some wd40 on it but only stops its for a week or so, I will buy a new pedal eventually lol.

Hope you find a solution to yours

Sweeping statement there!

Which bushes? My noise is definately from the clutch master cylinder mounted on the bulkhead.

No idea as I've never took mine apart! Renault have a revised pedal which they have changed the design of the bushes and can be changed under warranty if it still has one.

Iirc the tech that told me said it had an additional (2?) sets of bushes.

No idea as I've never took mine apart! Renault have a revised pedal which they have changed the design of the bushes and can be changed under warranty if it still has one.

Iirc the tech that told me said it had an additional (2?) sets of bushes.

Oh right, well it's 100% not the pedal on mine, which is a shame as that could have been an easy fix.

The grease I applied seems to have helped a lot, but it's not gone completely.

I sold my Civic Sat, 2 days before, the clutch pedal started squeaking-common civic fault, £300 for a replacement.

Googled it and found spraying it repeatedly with silicon spray cured it for a couple of months-car's gone now!

I sold my Civic Sat, 2 days before, the clutch pedal started squeaking-common civic fault, £300 for a replacement.

Googled it and found spraying it repeatedly with silicon spray cured it for a couple of months-car's gone now!

Am I reading that wrong? How do you know it cured it for a couple of months if it only started doing it 2 days before you sold it? :blink:

Ok. Wanted to add something to this thread. Perfectly fine clutch... Bleed my brakes with ate200. Boom squeeky clutch starts that day. I've taken everything apart. Greased everything and even pushed the master cylinder by hand and it's Defo the culprit. what fluid was everyone running when it started making the noise? Funnily enough when you google super ate200 and squeaky clutch there's loads of threads on various forums. I'm now trying to find out who makes the standard brake fluid for Renault to try bleeding the whole system with that. Anyone know?

Similar Thread Suggestions