Steves Megane conversion build - She's finally running (VIDEO inside)

Best of luck getting this sorted. You have produced such a fantastic looking conversion, it is a terrible shame to be plagued by this fault. You have the patients of a saint!

Best of luck getting this sorted. You have produced such a fantastic looking conversion, it is a terrible shame to be plagued by this fault. You have the patients of a saint!

Thanks mate, you kind of have to have patience sometimes when tuning, very rarely will you get no problems.

UPDATE:

Little update as the car gets shipped to another garage tomorrow. Was going to be taken to EFI but an unexpected car arrived there so the my car couldnt be stored inside which is a bit risky in my opinion. Anyway the car is now going to Clio turbo for them to have a look at the car, they approached me a while back when originally having problems, I know it will be in good hands there and hopefully wont be too much longer until its working properly. Then I'm taking to EFI for mapping and possibly some other upgrades.

After looking around, the car has gone to Andrew at clio turbo. They worked on it Friday and Saturday and managed to resolve the electrical fault of the throttle not opening at all. Car is still running stupidly rich. Ignition and valve cam timing is spot on so which leads on to the possibly of an existing map already on the ecu causing it to run rich ie mapped for 630cc injectors , they said they were going to check that today and tomorrow so hopefully I'm not far away from having my car back. Top guys at clio turbo.

What a build thread! It looks amazing! Sorry to hear about the problems with SC, I had issues with the time scales he quoted when I converted mine. Never mind! Looks like Andy is onto a winner with your issues tho. Clio turbo is local to me, I might go for a perv over the clio

So this afternoon I've got the news that I've been waiting for the past 5 months, "Your car is running mate". Hopefully pick it up this weekend, actually buzzing

Reactions: Rogue
@Juk3sy Definitely not, I'm excited for him too :grimacing:

@Stephenvenning Congrats mate, I know you've been waiting a long time for this! Fully deserved after all the hard work you've put in, looking forward to many pictures/videos!

Thanks for all the kind words guys, absolutely buzzing for getting it back home, been without a car for 11 months now. It's not mapped yet but that's booked in for the end of the month, going to get a few 1000 miles on it before that. Andy and Owen at clioturbo have done a cracking job, taken them less than 2 weeks. Mot and tracking was done today so hopefully all set for picking her up Saturday for a long drive back. Still a lot to do on the car when I get home, can't wait.

20160908_191440_zpss05dr9co.png

You driving it in unmapped? Hmm little bit sketchy tbh, it's catch 22 with a rebuilt motor when it's clearly going to have pretty different fuelling and ignition requirements (different compression and different turbo you have etc) to what I presume is a base R26 map you have? Really should just wait and trailer it mapping imo.
You need to push a new engine fairly hard in terms of getting plenty of wide throttle openings to actually bed the rings in properly, so 1000+ gentle miles will do it no favours, but at the same time your fuelling and ignition needs to be spot on obviously. You can't just retard the ignition right back during this phase either as that increases egt's, and on a boosted car which will probably sit up around 800+ anyway running normally, easy to pinch a ring and crack a piston if you're lean. Equally rich is never good on fresh rings and honing either.

You driving it in unmapped? Hmm little bit sketchy tbh, it's catch 22 with a rebuilt motor when it's clearly going to have pretty different fuelling and ignition requirements (different compression and different turbo you have etc) to what I presume is a base R26 map you have? Really should just wait and trailer it mapping imo.
You need to push a new engine fairly hard in terms of getting plenty of wide throttle openings to actually bed the rings in properly, so 1000+ gentle miles will do it no favours, but at the same time your fuelling and ignition needs to be spot on obviously. You can't just retard the ignition right back during this phase either as that increases egt's, and on a boosted car which will probably sit up around 800+ anyway running normally, easy to pinch a ring and crack a piston if you're lean. Equally rich is never good on fresh rings and honing either.

I understand that mate, but essentially without any boost the fuelling will be the same as a standard r26. Unless I go really crazy and lean out big time then it should be fine I reckon. Will see how much it is to transport it