Steves Megane conversion build - She's finally running (VIDEO inside)

Thought i'd update, the problem still isnt resolved, and the electrical gremlins still giving us the runaround. It seems on the codes its giving to be the throttle pedal or associated wiring from it to the ecu. Last time i spoke with SteC he was re-wiring the plug and replacing the throttle pedal. Hopefully get it going soon, not having a car for 6 months is starting to drag a bit now especially when the weather is half decent. Hopefully it will be at FCS, but I doubt it will be finished, i.e not mapped and still being ran in, it also needs a front end respray which i doubt will be completed in time.

Didn't make FCS unfortunately, but going on people's remarks about the show, it wasn't very good so not too bothered. Hopefully get it back shortly, then mapping

What's the latest with the car, prognosis? I see it's a West Meon meet on Tues, however neither of us have cars :blush: !!

What's the latest with the car, prognosis? I see it's a West Meon meet on Tues, however neither of us have cars :blush: !!

A few electrical faults, there was 4 apparently, he's now got it down to just one fault.

Nice, I might head up to see, Deffo next month of its on. It seems all of the best project cars are doomed :lol:

Yeah, if it's the loom I won't pay anything, I'll gladly pay whatever if it's a faulty component, just want it back now, missing it now

Too right, if a loom issue then yeah needs rectifying.

I know the feeling though! It soon grows to despair and worse :'(

Thanks for the kind words guys, hopefully won't be too much longer.

Anyway today I decided on stripping down the old engine, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, might build it up for an NA tuned up engine, or build another high boost capable engine, the larger ports will definitely make for better off boost performance.

Anyway, got the engine into the garage today and began stripping it down. I'm at least going to port the head as I could use it for my megane engine when I switch over for higher lift cams.

20160612_125534_zpscr7dv21w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160612_121848_zpszmxb5js9.jpg20160612_125544_zpsicl8zu6w.jpg

Give it a refresh and hang on to it mate if you can, I regret getting rid of that low mileage lump I got off Savvy. You never know when it might be useful.

Give it a refresh and hang on to it mate if you can, I regret getting rid of that low mileage lump I got off Savvy. You never know when it might be useful.

I will do, gonna rebuild, new bearings etc. Might do some modifications to it, got some things in mind to improve it like cam shaft caps so the rocker cover can be removed without the cams falling out.

I will do, gonna rebuild, new bearings etc. Might do some modifications to it, got some things in mind to improve it like cam shaft caps so the rocker cover can be removed without the cams falling out.

do you think thats a do-able job??? be good if it was never liked the cam cover/cam bearing being one part....just had to condem a porsche 996 head due to a cam bearing thats started to seize and wear out!

It's possible, all that would need doing is making up some aluminium covers and then machine the cover to match the new caps. Catcams do it on there solid lifter kit