Sunstrip

I know it's not to everyones taste but does anyone know a good website, or even better one that creates them custom made, all I can find on the net are absolutely awful, thanks

Have you tried local places that cut and print vinyl, my dads mate has done a fair bit of that for club level race cars, though its mainly for local business vehicles and advertising on vans and shop windows.

attachment.php

Attachments

• car-stickers-boy-racer.jpg
    car-stickers-boy-racer.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 212
I have to say, that is not to my taste. I prefer subtle, a couple of weeks ago I ordered a plain matt black one but I still haven't got round to fitting it. As on my way to work I drive for about 7-8 miles on a roman road with the sun low in the mornings, its not ideal.

Can you not send a photo of something similar to what you want to one of these places and ask if they can do something to suit your needs, opposed to what they already have on offer.

I have to say, that is not to my taste. I prefer subtle, a couple of weeks ago I ordered a plain matt black one but I still haven't got round to fitting it. As on my way to work I drive for about 7-8 miles on a roman road with the sun low in the mornings, its not ideal.

Can you not send a photo of something similar to what you want to one of these places and ask if they can do something to suit your needs, opposed to what they already have on offer.

Ok mate I'll have to have a look about and see what I can find, 99% of sunstrips look chavy and untidy i do agree but some do look smart, I can easily peel it off if need be its only a piece of film/sticker usually, thanks for your help mate

Ok quick question, has anyone actually had this done and does it effect the window wiper/headlight sensors, apparently there in the windscreen so not sure where abouts?

image.jpg4_zpsrtydz0u8.jpg
[/URL]
Bought mine of eBay Matt black, ordered 2 just in case I messed up the 1st one. Which I did. I don't have the luxury of rain sensors, my wipers do go across it but it don't mark or peel of in any way

image.jpg4_zpsrtydz0u8.jpg
[/URL]
Bought mine of eBay Matt black, ordered 2 just in case I messed up the 1st one. Which I did. I don't have the luxury of rain sensors, my wipers do go across it but it don't mark or peel of in any way

Thanks mate, do you know what size that is roughly by any chance, if the luxurys stop working I'm not too bothered as they will work again when the sticker is off

i have a matte black one also i recently done when i was bored, mine is 215mm measured at the ends which is just right for the sun, people say they can be chavvy but most people dont notice them unless you have some writing on it :smile:

i have a matte black one also i recently done when i was bored, mine is 215mm measured at the ends which is just right for the sun, people say they can be chavvy but most people dont notice them unless you have some writing on it :smile:
Thanks danny, I was thinking about getting about 200mm myself, I think they can look chavvy on a chavvy car, if I don't like it I'll be peeling it straight back off anyways so we will see what happens, will sort it out soon as it comes out from repair lol, thanks again :smile:

ebay item number 121183347381. That's what I ordered. A bit of trimming here and there. I used water with a drop of fairy liquid in a spray bottle and a squeegee, gets the air bubbles completely out. Just take your time. I agree can look a little Chavvy with writing over it. Matt black goes well in my opinion. Done it to my vxt, but it served a purpose as you don't get sun visors in these cars lol
IMG_2781_zpswwm9hxxz.jpg
[/URL]

image.jpg1_zpssglfywiy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[/IMG]

just being picky, but i dont advise fairy liquid as it doesnt dry too well. i done mine dry, hinge it in the middle and peel back on side and pull to tension and apply :smile:
use a sharp knife to trim edges.
me being me i see a bubble in the above pic :smiley: aha but thats me being picky and do it for a living (vehichle wrapper/ Sign maker)

DannyAG200 - if you have insta mine is on there :smile:

just being picky, but i dont advise fairy liquid as it doesnt dry too well. i done mine dry, hinge it in the middle and peel back on side and pull to tension and apply :smile:
use a sharp knife to trim edges.
me being me i see a bubble in the above pic :smiley: aha but thats me being picky and do it for a living (vehichle wrapper/ Sign maker)

DannyAG200 - if you have insta mine is on there :smile:

that was my first attempt on doing a sunstrip on the vx220 (on any car in fact lol) I did that one dry. :d I couldn't get that little b***tard bubble out. The Clio I used a drop of fairy liquid and came out ok for a novice :d

that was my first attempt on doing a sunstrip on the vx220 (on any car in fact lol) I did that one dry. :d I couldn't get that little b***tard bubble out. The Clio I used a drop of fairy liquid and came out ok for a novice :d

its a good job if its your first go :smiley:
just get a stanley blade and make a pin prick hole and push air out :smile:
yeah sometimes fairy liquid allows it to move but doesn't do much favor for the adhesive :smile:

9fd397c7d19c357aa30194ac818eb4ce.jpg

I just got a massive sheet of it, water and some washing liquid as mentioned previously and moved it around until i was happy with it. I had taken measurements of where the sensor was and cut around a match box.
Got a old debit car in a sock so it didn't scratch the new gloss black vinyl to get the water/air bubbles out, then used a scalpel to cut around the outside!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sevenfourate Body Work and Exterior Lights 69
0191joe123 Gallery 5
Rogue Interior and Audio 7
Fernandez Clio General Chat 27