Tarmac Rally Car

wish it was, probably the week after which is a bit of a sickner, might be slight change of plan getting new engine built, high comp pistons, rods, cams, single piece valves, so might be good to wait until ingleston with quicker engine

so cup race engine might be up for sale early new year

wish it was, probably the week after which is a bit of a sickner, might be slight change of plan getting new engine built, high comp pistons, rods, cams, single piece valves, so might be good to wait until ingleston with quicker engine

so cup race engine might be up for sale early new year

"single piece valves" ???

yes 172/182 have the head of the valve friction welded on to the stem, a common failure point, happend on my 172 rally car, and presume these are the same, so fiiting single piece valves to stop this happening

yes 172/182 have the head of the valve friction welded on to the stem, a common failure point, happend on my 172 rally car, and presume these are the same, so fiiting single piece valves to stop this happening

really! never knew that one and to be honest not heard of many dropped valves....its usually rods/bolts that go!

Are you heading to Knockhill for a nosey then. Me and the lads are servicing 4 or 5 cars should be a busy day. Look forward to seeing the Clio driven in anger at ingilston then

That'll be a bit of a screamer then :smiley:

Not a screamer as far as revs go , it's producing it at 7k revs , but should go well , it is very competitive with a standard engine fitted , will fly with an extra 75hp !

yes been keeping an eye on your thread, that will be awesome, be more than happy with that

I'm doing pembrey on Sunday which is the last rally with the standard engine , can't wait to see what it goes like with the new one :smiley:

yes will be some car, youll have to get a bigger supply of shafts
wish the 197 was as easy as the 172 to change shafts

Yes will have see how I get on with the shafts , will probably have problems with the outer CV joints if anything so will deal with it if needed

Well it definatly looks the part stickered up like that.

If it goes as well as it looks, your onto a winner.

Similar Thread Suggestions