The alcohol thread

well, without our beers what a piss poor country we'd be. impossible to keep track of, let alone taste, all the different brews over here. my fav at the moment is 'triple karmeliet'. three of those and i sleep like a baby. :smile:

Tripel Karmeliet was one of the first Belgian beers I really got into. A few years ago in Diksmuide we stopped off for a "quick one" at a bar and they had it on draft. Young girl behind the bar didn't have a clue what she was doing and didn't realise you're only supposed to pour a half pint into the bottom of the bowl. That glass is huge and she filled it to the brim. Almost two pints of 8% beer. Was the messiest quick one ever!

:smiley:

Bit of a connoisseur are you?

Do share :smile:

Fully fledged booze geek mate. Please don't mistake that for "alcoholic", I'm very careful with my intake.

But yeah, I'll drink anything so long as it's good stuff. I'm lucky that Mrs M is my drinking partner and we travel a lot based around sampling great booze.

But it's mostly beer and wine. I used to write beer reviews. Have around 7,500 online but I can't be bothered with it any more, too much like work and not enough like fun drinking!

We drink extremely well all the time. Genuine charmed life when it comes to imbibing the good stuff!

Well I was half joking with the connoisseur but it was an acturate description by the sounds of it!

Nice to have a mrs to do that with. I'm a bit of a lightweight these days (not when I was in college) but I hardly drink now. But my Gf needs a new word invented, lightweight just doesn't cut it!

Reactions: ///M
I don't drink a lot and I really vary what I do drink. I don't mind ale, lager, cider, red/white/rose wine, I like Jack Daniels best for spirit, honey neat and normal mixed with coke.

A good one to try if you like JD for the summer is called a Lynchburg Lemonade. A shot of JD, a shot of triple sec, squeeze of lemon juice, ice and lemonade. Goes down a treat. A friend of mine doesn't like JD so puts Grey Goose in instead.

Other cocktails I like are black and white Russians. I don't mind a drop of just Tia Maria or Kaluha white some coke too. I had some port the other day with cheese, which went down a treat!

Reactions: ///M
The only drink I've ever consistently been able to drink without getting bored of is Desperados!

Lethal stuff though, its 5.9% :drunk:

Reactions: LOCKE
I used to write beer reviews. Have around 7,500 online ...

wow.

not a massive fan of the stronger stuff. red wine over dinner, wouldn't say no.
beer ... always interested in trying something i haven't tasted before. lucky to live in a country, where i can do just that for the rest of my life.

Well I was half joking with the connoisseur but it was an acturate description by the sounds of it!

Nice to have a mrs to do that with. I'm a bit of a lightweight these days (not when I was in college) but I hardly drink now. But my Gf needs a new word invented, lightweight just doesn't cut it!

Sometimes I wish Mrs M was a lightweight! Lost count of the amount of times I've been done in and she's still raring to go!

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
wow.

not a massive fan of the stronger stuff. red wine over dinner, wouldn't say no.
beer ... always interested in trying something i haven't tasted before. lucky to live in a country, where i can do just that for the rest of my life.

Where in Belgium are you mate?