The Clio's Replacement...

Well im sad to say the clio went a week ago and im missing her already! but due to the amount of miles a do with work i had to get something more economical which meant a diesel! Having to get rid of the 200 was depressing enough let alone swapping it for a diesel so i went with this:

original.jpg

original6-1.jpg

original5.jpg

original1.jpg

original2.jpg

It stands out from the usual 320d rep mobiles and its not too slow either! just over 200bhp and 300lb ft!

Got to say ill miss this place as its got to be one of the most friendly forums ive been on and everyones really helpfull! Ill still lurk about in the background from time to time to see if my old clio comes up with a new owner...

Cheers All!

:bye2::bye2::bye2::bye2::bye2: all the best with your new motor mate

shame to see it go but i'm loving the beemer!! Is it an actual Alpina or a replica? i can't remember if they made them in a 2L diesel...

Last edited:
shame to see it go but i'm loving the beemer!! Is it an actual Alpina or a replica? i can't remember if they made them in a 2L diesel...

No it's a proper alpina. No 103. It's obviously base on a 320d but with the injectors and intercooler and also a bigger turbo. So it has around 35bhp more than a standard 320... The newer bi turbo ones are mental tho but had no chance of affording one!

Also with a £300 remap that will raise to 230-240 bhp and 350lb torque! To get those gains in a Clio you'd be spending a few grand!!

Really like the look of these. Guy in work is currently on the look out for a bi-turbo one.

Very nice motor mate. For me if your crunching the miles its the perfect choice... great looks, great performance and good MPG.

Shame you had to let the Clio go to get it but onwards and upwards I suppose :smile:

Alpina - very nice! You should get it mapped! I hear mapped diesel BM's have great results. :smiley:

Alpina - very nice! You should get it mapped! I hear mapped diesel BM's have great results. :smiley:

Cheers for the comments guys! If I had the money or the space the Clio without a doubt would have stayed for weekend blasts! The new owner is on here anyway so at least I can make sure she's being treated well! :smile:

I've looked into a remap but the D3 has the clutch from a 320d and as its already running 35bhp more than a 320 I'm not too sure the clutch would hold out if that went up another 40bhp.... And I dont fancy the bill for 2 new rear tyres every 6 months lol!

The bi-turbos are meant to be awesome and somehow get better mpg than the single turbo....

P.s the BMW forum is rubbish compared to here!!

Did you buy this from Ed @ Shmoo?

I very very nearly bought your old SG if so, no air con though so bottled it! Looks a nice car.

Did you buy this from Ed @ Shmoo?

I very very nearly bought your old SG if so, no air con though so bottled it! Looks a nice car.

Yeah I bought it off Ed! He's a good bloke actuall seems really honest and helpful!

Was it just the air con that put you off?? To be honest that was the one thing I regret not specing when I bought the car and seems to put a lot of people off with 2nd hand 200's! I think if it hadn't of have the recaros it would have been difficult to sell on! Did you end up buying another 200??

Similar Thread Suggestions