The Definitive What Wheels Thread...

Look absolutely superb [MENTION=54542]Gordini[/MENTION]. WAY better than standard, and blend-in a treat.

I dont envy your cleaning regime now though.....

Really appreciate the comments guys. And great eyes to spot the valves Chris :smile: Stopped at blue wheel nuts as it was too light a blue and clashed

Thank you :smile: Tyres are 225/40/R18 Continental ContiSport 5. They change the rolling radius very slightly (1.8% e.g. they read 59 at 60mph) but are close enough. 235/35/R18 would have been better in that respect but they were massively expensive (£220 per tyre and only Pirelli available). My Conti's were £78 a tyre as it is a common size.

Last edited:
I need a new summer set, car came with R27 anthracite wheels, but they are badly curb damaged from previous owner (woman, of course). As they are ET68, I think they would make a perfect winter set, and also no need to refurb them.

What about these?
http://brock.de/felgen/brock-b21-smvp
They are the only ones I found that have 60.1 CB. They also have a couple of other models, but I think multi spoke wheels look best on 197 (from this topic I see that majority agrees). Altough I always wanted 5 spoke wheels and I finally have a car with 5 bolts (4 bolts and 5 spokes don't match well).

I also like Autec Wizard and BBS SR.

I did a measurement on original ET68 wheels, and it is 16-17 mm from the fenders to the wheel spokes. So ET45 is absolute max, and is also easiest to get, all the before mentioned wheels have ET45.

I need a new summer set, car came with R27 anthracite wheels, but they are badly curb damaged from previous owner (woman, of course). As they are ET68, I think they would make a perfect winter set, and also no need to refurb them.

What about these?
http://brock.de/felgen/brock-b21-smvp
They are the only ones I found that have 60.1 CB. They also have a couple of other models, but I think multi spoke wheels look best on 197 (from this topic I see that majority agrees). Altough I always wanted 5 spoke wheels and I finally have a car with 5 bolts (4 bolts and 5 spokes don't match well).

I also like Autec Wizard and BBS SR.

I did a measurement on original ET68 wheels, and it is 16-17 mm from the fenders to the wheel spokes. So ET45 is absolute max, and is also easiest to get, all the before mentioned wheels have ET45.

Those look a bit too halfords for me tbh. I myself was looking at BBS SR alloys and think they would look great on the Clio. Quite a few people on here have Autec Wizards. I'd go for the BBS alloys simply because they haven't been done on a 197 as far as I know.

Yeah halfords is the best way to describe them lol....

Bbs sr look good, would like to see that on a clio. Autec wizards suit the clios also, actually a wheel I'm sort of considering for the 200t...

Looking to get a second set to use for summer and use the standards for winter, what's the 'best' offset to get? I don't want to have any rubbing, or use spacers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just weighed a Cup Racer Speedline 17 x 8, 10.5kg exactly. So I can save 14kgs by going for the OZ Alleggerita. Crazy.

I have to buy new set of summer wheels maybe april.
Fast road use, oem size 215/45/17.

Maybe i choose between Michelin
215/45R17 91Y XL Michelin pilot sport 4

Or continental

215/45R17 87V FR Continental sport contact 5

Price is almost same. Continental is rated V speed class, maybe more comfortable?