The highs and lows of trackdays

Hope you get it sorted soon mate. Sounds like very good service though which is getting rare these days! I was also at Snetterton along with others in Clio 200s. I was in the White 200 (W11 CUP) dueling with some "interestingly" driven Catherhams and race prepped MX5s (and my mate Simon in his white 200!). Enjoyed the day and was good to see quite afew fellow Clio and Megane owners.

Were you using the nos ben? Bit of a crapper for the hg to go, sounds like it'll be ok though.

Gutted for you Ben.

Cracking service from TDF and with them offering your mods to cup racers etc it's maybe just bad luck if theyve not seen it before.

No I wouldn't dare use nitrous on track! That's strictly for the quatre mile and the odd slip road lol.

Will update once the engines been diagnosed :smile:

Sorry to hear about this Ben :worried: Matt told me the other day when I saw your car was back at the workshop. I hope you get it sorted and I will look forward to seeing it at FCS. Have you changed your bonnet as it looked different to last time? James (Matt Grey TDF Clio)

Sorry to hear the bad news mate and hope you get her up to speed ASAP. Have you got any vids of the sound of you car mate must sound epic? Oh and as said nice one mart at tdf that is goin above and beyond his call of duty.

Sorry to hear about this Ben :worried: Matt told me the other day when I saw your car was back at the workshop. I hope you get it sorted and I will look forward to seeing it at FCS. Have you changed your bonnet as it looked different to last time? James (Matt Grey TDF Clio)

Yes mate the original was a ktec carbon skin on a plastic bonnet but the sun faded it too badly so i got a proper carbon item on there. Quality is worlds apart :smile:

No news as of yet chaps, will update when diagnosed.

Gutted to hear this ben! :worried:

Hope it's a simple for fix for ya with all the hard work already gone into this car!

Updates: Cylinder head was hot bath pressure tested and flatness tested and found to be in perfect working order. The head gasket shows no signs of damage.

The pistons and rods will now be removed to inspect for piston ring/bore damage.

Expensive hobby...

Thats good then, you had some work done to the head too hadn't you ?

This is just another reason to upgrade stuff haha

Updates: Cylinder head was hot bath pressure tested and flatness tested and found to be in perfect working order. The head gasket shows no signs of damage.

The pistons and rods will now be removed to inspect for piston ring/bore damage.

Expensive hobby...

no visiable signs of cylinder bore pick-up then?

Thats good then, you had some work done to the head too hadn't you ?

This is just another reason to upgrade stuff haha

Its a shame i just dont have the budget at the moment for forged high comp internals, standard units will be going back in im afraid :worried: