To sell or not to sell

Sometimes a good drive or two can really make you appreciate what special cars they are. I've had that several times over the period I've owned the Clio - if you don't use it much (or in my case, use it mainly for commuting) you forget just what an enjoyable car they can be.

I think we all hope that you hold onto it Kev, but at the end of the day it has to be the right decision for you, and no one else. Good luck with it all mate.

Reactions: ///M
Sometimes a good drive or two can really make you appreciate what special cars they are. I've had that several times over the period I've owned the Clio - if you don't use it much (or in my case, use it mainly for commuting) you forget just what an enjoyable car they can be.

I think we all hope that you hold onto it Kev, but at the end of the day it has to be the right decision for you, and no one else. Good luck with it all mate.

Thanks and totally agree, its been part of my thing with this car ive modified it be be something different than my daily comfortable practical car.

Went to VW the weekend with my wife, car sales guy doing his bit asked what car i had told him what i drive daily and i said its a great practical family car, but its really boring - sales guy gave me the most blank look ever...what do you mean boring?!

Wife then chimed in you also have a clio...which to him obviously sounded like i drive a 1.5 dci as a second car, I had no intention on trying to explain it to him!.

Sad thing is this young kid i think probably has driven a 65 plate VW scirocco and think its a sport car.

Thanks and totally agree, its been part of my thing with this car ive modified it be be something different than my daily comfortable practical car.

Went to VW the weekend with my wife, car sales guy doing his bit asked what car i had told him what i drive daily and i said its a great practical family car, but its really boring - sales guy gave me the most blank look ever...what do you mean boring?!

Wife then chimed in you also have a clio...which to him obviously sounded like i drive a 1.5 dci as a second car, I had no intention on trying to explain it to him!.

Sad thing is this young kid i think probably has driven a 65 plate VW scirocco and think its a sport car.

HA HA

Not that a MK3 RS in general is anything really special 'as such'.....it does make me laugh when people are having a conversation about performance cars / hot hatches which you chime in on. They then ask "What do you drive" - you say "Clio".....and they look and sound really deflated.

99 times out of 100; if they don't say anymore and don't ask - i would just leave it there and wouldnt try to explain anything.

HA HA

Not that a MK3 RS in general is anything really special 'as such'.....it does make me laugh when people are having a conversation about performance cars / hot hatches which you chime in on. They then ask "What do you drive" - you say "Clio".....and they look and sound really deflated.

99 times out of 100; if they don't say anymore and don't ask - i would just leave it there and wouldnt try to explain anything.

Diamond in the rough comes to mind...they are a special car in the fact that they are head turners, because in reality not many people know they even exist!

I remember a 17 year old aquaintance of mine coming up to me when I parked up at the pub one night, "Nice car mate, what is it, a 1.4?"

I smirked, said it was a little bigger than that and just walked away...

KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP KEEP

Diamond in the rough comes to mind...they are a special car in the fact that they are head turners, because in reality not many people know they even exist!

I remember a 17 year old aquaintance of mine coming up to me when I parked up at the pub one night, "Nice car mate, what is it, a 1.4?"

Someone saw mine in the work car park; and asked if it was a 1.1..........True story.

Reactions: Benno

think your mate now knows what is beating under that bonnet right??:kilt:

Reactions: Benno
HA HA

Until you’ve driven one, you’re just not going to know. I like when other hot hatch drivers think theirs is good too.

:smiley:

It’s not being pompous or any hint of fanboyism. They just are that good!

Until you’ve driven one, you’re just not going to know. I like when other hot hatch drivers think theirs is good too.

:smiley:

It’s not being pompous or any hint of fanboyism. They just are that good!

Completely agree! In a class of their own, you have to really spend some time to think of another all round hot hatch that will pull its pants down!