Track / Race Clio 197 - Rotoryboy

What about bc coilovers? They seem to get very good feedback and are £2000 cheaper all be it won't be as good as Ast's but for the price they seem a good compromise?

They are awesome, got them on my Clio and super impressed.

I just think unless you are racing driver quick and consistent lap after lap your wasting money on a set up like AST'S

Well as it was nice (after the fog) yesterday, I did a bit of work on the RS.

I decided to remove the rear bumper so I could access all of the reverse sensor stuff, to remove it.

It was all on the inside rear arch but connected through the rear light cluster.

DAC7DFCA-D100-47B3-BDB4-3DB4BD9E5863_1.jpg

Never seen a reverse sensor in one of those 197's - can you write some more? Where does it connect, how did it work?

Not too complicated really. It connects to the reverse wire and a standard earth. You select reverse and the system then becomes operational. I've removed it all and it's on eBay as I have swapped the bumper

Well they have just arrived and are awesome. Can't wait to get them on and tested. Thanks [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

Well the rears went on late last week

7udagy8y.jpg

I am just deciding what pads to run on the front.

DS2500's I usually run but I am open to other options if anyone has any good experience.

Race/track mostly and low dust if possible

Any experience with:
[h=1]EBC Bluestuff NDX[/h]

Last edited:
If you want to avoid harsh dust then stay away from RC6.

Ive heard very good reports about the bluestuff and a lot of the R35 and Evo lads rate them highly.

Hmm, just had a chat with EBC and they are a closed circuit race pad only and are not road legal. Looks like it will be Yellowstuff then?? Are these any good?

Ds2500 any day for me

done about 8 trackdays on mine and they're still going strong and I've never had brake fade yet.

i wouldn't touch yellow stuff. My mate got about 3 sessions out of his at blyton park before they were wrecked

Yes, that was my thoughts. I remember a few of the Audi guys having issues with them but wasn't sure if it was a weight issue.