Trackday Apps

Any good ones out there? Had a browse of a few keywords on the old google play store with not much luck..

Although in hindsight they were only free ones. Obviously I'm willing to pay if it's worth the monies.

- Will

What are you wanting it to do/for?

Check out harrys lap timer, not sure where the android port is atm though.

The Pirelli Diabolo biker one is quite good, had it in the past and its free. There the RenaultSport one too, RS Monitor it's also free.

I use track addict, it is dead easy to use has all the tracks in. It has full data logging and OBD support and video recording if you want to use it. There is also PC video editing software that goes with it, where you can use multiple cameras, very very good easy to use and cheap.

as above look no further than Harrys Laptimer

v17.jpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harrys.laptimerpro

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/harrys-laptimer-pro/id338257907?mt=8

AND ME ON TRACK WITH IT

[video=youtube;y1_FJJoO0lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_FJJoO0lc&list=UUwkSO9pFtKb1g1awJQM3cCg[/video]

I have a GP version but I'd recommend the petrol head version.

Obviously you need a second camera for multi cam and a way of passing obd data for the bit in the bottom right.

Personally I use a second iPhone as a multicam and jailbreak my main one to use a cheap Bluetooth obd reader.

In short you have the app on your mobile and load the track from the list, your phone uses gps and starts and stops everything automatically. After the event you use the phone to overlay the data onto the video via the app.

You do need double the room to create the video though, eg say 1gb of film + 1gb as it creates a second video.

I've gone ahead and downloaded it, looks to be a great app.

Just need a mount for my phone now. Any recommendations for that? I was thinking about something that physically connects to the air vent as the sticky pads on the dashboard doesnt normally work out to great for me (and do tracks even allow that?)

Have you put in your details and the car details?

Set what track you're on.

set your phones GPS on!

and then press 'start driving'

I've gone ahead and downloaded it, looks to be a great app.

Just need a mount for my phone now. Any recommendations for that? I was thinking about something that physically connects to the air vent as the sticky pads on the dashboard doesnt normally work out to great for me (and do tracks even allow that?)

What phone you using? It has to be adhesive mounted in the uk

Hi Mentalpen, do you know if I can use the video from an external cam as the primary source? My HTC clips and distorts under the noise of the supersprint(!) so I need an external cam for the video/sound and then this app to overlay ontop? - Presume it would be done in post on the PC, though would that work and how easy is it to get multiple cams in sync do you know?

Cheers

On the iPhone You can use go pro wifi version right out the box.

You don't actually sync the cams the app does it all for you as far as I'm aware. You may have to edit the meta data for it to found though. All the info is on his website.

It's not something I've massively looked into tbh as I just use 2 iPhones which is all done via HLT & his multicam app

If using 2 i devices you simply add the multicam onto the master device and overlay.

Bloody hell looks complicated , I have bother down loading videos from my two go pro cameras , don't know why I bothered buying them tbh , oh yeah u so ?? I wrote it off in company expenses lol