Tractor Boy

Oh you know that guy? That's a nutcase conversion mate. Bet it's absolutely mental! Very nice car that one. Had a LOT of money put into it.

Had a quick look through the build thread but my god it reminded me why I don't go on Cutters. Full of people old enough to know better bickering like children!

:smiley:

Haha yep, we kind of egged him on to so it. I've known him since Uni.
It just makes sense, to make a good S54 it'd be 4k, he has done what he wanted to do in a few years time, forced forward.
It weighs the same as the S54, it sits further back, makes more torque through the whole range, it is not stressed at all, I could go on....

Yep it's full of people who don't want to do what you want to, so will voice it.

I still haven't been out in it, but I'm meeting him this weekend with other uni mates for a piss up, I've already said I want a spin in it.

Sorry I went far off topic, apologies!

When is the car booked in for suspension?

Haha yep, we kind of egged him on to so it. I've known him since Uni.
It just makes sense, to make a good S54 it'd be 4k, he has done what he wanted to do in a few years time, forced forward.
It weighs the same as the S54, it sits further back, makes more torque through the whole range, it is not stressed at all, I could go on....

Yep it's full of people who don't want to do what you want to, so will voice it.

I still haven't been out in it, but I'm meeting him this weekend with other uni mates for a piss up, I've already said I want a spin in it.

Sorry I went far off topic, apologies!

When is the car booked in for suspension?

Video please!!! It's a great engine all round. A guy I know keeps talking about putting one in an Exige. :smiley:

As for when the car is booked in, it isn't at the moment. Workshop is full, just waiting for a slot. And waiting. And waiting...

Reactions: suj
So, the good news is, Sean has cleared his backlog in the workshop (thanks @Yiannis197 !!! :smiley: ) which means tomorrow we can get scheduled in for suspension fitting.

Which means stinking the house out with C5 :smiley: and getting the wheels ready.

New bolts ordered, obviously.

Really hoping it's all done before we all meet up on the 2nd.

Really hoping it's all done before we all meet up on the 2nd.

And im really hoping i can get there to see them on that day....... :smile:

Certainly one big-hit your going in for. Car is gonna feel 'transformed' i shouldn't wonder........

you will love it Mes..it will completely transform the car..let us know ow you find it..

And im really hoping i can get there to see them on that day....... :smile:

Certainly one big-hit your going in for. Car is gonna feel 'transformed' i shouldn't wonder........

Mate I didn't realise you were gonna join us. Quite the trek for you. Obviously would be mint if you could.

And yeah, deliberately held off fitting the wheels (NOT easy) so it all happens at once. Big believer in doing mods together. Means there are long gaps between action but it has a much bigger impact when done :smile:

Trev has not been back in work since his missus had the baby,which is last Wednesday..not sure whether he is back this week..may surprise me with a text this Friday saying
"Pav your car is ready":jedi:

Mate I didn't realise you were gonna join us. Quite the trek for you. Obviously would be mint if you could.

And yeah, deliberately held off fitting the wheels (NOT easy) so it all happens at once. Big believer in doing mods together. Means there are long gaps between action but it has a much bigger impact when done :smile:

First weekend of the month isnt usually great for me as 'we' normally work in Ely all weekend which i have to oversee.

BUT; i've done that this month already and have a call up on the 18th + 19th. So i'm hoping the 2nd April will now be free. Fingers crossed.

You booking the car in this week, or..........?

First weekend of the month isnt usually great for me as 'we' normally work in Ely all weekend which i have to oversee.

BUT; i've done that this month already and have a call up on the 18th + 19th. So i'm hoping the 2nd April will now be free. Fingers crossed.

You booking the car in this week, or..........?

Really hoping you can make it mate. I wanna look at your engine bay :smiley:

And no, doubt very highly if it will be this week. I'll have to take the day off work anyway so he knows to give me a bit of notice.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Exciting times Mes, I imagine the R27 will look fantastic with the new wheels and suspension on! Big things like that are always worth the wait!

Exciting times Mes, I imagine the R27 will look fantastic with the new wheels and suspension on! Big things like that are always worth the wait!

Seriously mate, I'm freaking out over here. Was supposed to be getting a date today but it's getting close to the end of the day now. We've had contact but still no date.

Will be worth it though no doubt.

Reactions: Jimmy